No rabbits in Lane County!?

D
dude young
So, I've been in Christmas Valley since yesterday afternoon and have only seen 6 rabbit between the 4 of us. What gives?

Anyone know where the bunnies is?

Last edited:
K
Kodiak
Getting ready for easter....Duh! A lot of bunnies are denned up birthin baby bunnies. Plus predator numbers are pretty high right now so bunny pops are a little low.

M
Markcanby
Yeah Dude you should have waited 3 more weeks. I wish you would have told those were the bunnies you were after I would have given you a heads up. Are you hunting ta night? You never hunt Jacks by day! Oh you will also have better luck if you drive over to Lake County I have never been to that other Christmas Valley! LOL

D
dude young
Markcanby said:
Yeah Dude you should have waited 3 more weeks. I wish you would have told those were the bunnies you were after I would have given you a heads up. Are you hunting ta night? You never hunt Jacks by day! Oh you will also have better luck if you drive over to Lake County I have never been to that other Christmas Valley! LOL

Smart a$$. Yeah, from what I heard it was a bit early, but the consensus was to get outta town and get in some shooting and beer drinkin'. And, there are worse places to not shoot rabbits than the high desert. It was my first time, but not last. I want to get back out there again soon, so, since you are the authority, you will be obliged to guide me. :D

Did not night hunt. You gotta be an 'agent of a farm' to light'em up, yeah? Will work up the nerve to ask guys next time. I talked to a couple of folks that told me about some farmers that you can pay to hunt. Not that desperate yet. We got into a bunch yesterday out by the Alkali Airstrip, but not a ton. Who cares? We had fun.

O
Outdoor_Myers
would it be considered baiting if you was to use Easter eggs to lure the lil bunnies out?

M
Markcanby
What the hell Dude you tried to get bunnies by day:lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:.
I dont think I have ever seen but 2 or 3 day bunnies. I will take you bud we can go to Schmit's place an tear them up. He has a bunk room we can use so it will just cost us gas.:cool:

Last edited:
D
dude young
Markcanby said:
What the hell Dude you tried to get bunnies by day:lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:.
I dont think I have ever seen but 2 or 3 day bunnies. I will take bud we can go to Schmit's place an tear them up. He has a bunk room we can use so it will just cost us gas.:cool:

You can take Bud, or Pal, or Chum, I don't care. The more the merrier, plus it'll cheapen up the gas. You name the weekend, and I will change the oil and vacuum the 'Yota! Is it worth getting into reloading .22 rounds? :D

You go fly fishing this weekend?

D
dude young
Outdoor_Myers said:
would it be considered baiting if you was to use Easter eggs to lure the lil bunnies out?

Nah, I went full-on-Elmer-Fudd-style; with a carrot under a 20-ton 'Acme' safe. Not sure why it didn't work, I was being vewy, vewy kwiet. Huh-huh-huh-huh.

C
capblack
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I love this forum, its better than the comedy channel
dude young said:
Nah, I went full-on-Elmer-Fudd-style; with a carrot under a 20-ton 'Acme' safe. Not sure why it didn't work, I was being vewy, vewy kwiet. Huh-huh-huh-huh.

B
beaverfan
I used to hunt bunnies in the day all the time and we always did pretty good. We'd go out by Harney Lake and just walk around the flats. Just by walking around the sagebrush you scare them out and then there done for. We had many good days doin that.

O
Outdoor_Myers
I remember one time I used my cat to hunt rabbits well I wanted to do a science project and needed a rabbit... we shall leave it at that for the moment but my 3 leg cat got one huge rabbit way bigger than her lol. (I was in 5th grade btw) lol

T
Troutier Bassier
I needed a good laugh. :)

kirkster
kirkster
dude young said:
So, I've been in Christmas Valley since yesterday afternoon and have only seen 6 rabbit between the 4 of us. What gives?

Anyone know where the bunnies is?
Elmer fudd was there last weekend. He must of got em all.

F
Finneus Polebender
I dont even hunt and I got me a bunny on the Lane / Linn co line . Kinda ran under my work truck woops!