No luck today.

C

crazyhorse613

A buddy and i took our daughters out today trying to get them into fishing, had no luck:(. try'ed a few different baits but the only thing i seemed to find they payed any attention too were night crawlers. I'm thinking about going out tomorrow. hopefully we'll have better luck.

W

waco

I was there today and i got 3 but i really have to work for them!!! semms that the only thing catching theyre attention was red/black spinner

C

crazyhorse613

Got skunked 2 days in a row. Hopefully we will have better luck when in warms up a little. Stopped at wamart but didn't see and red and black spinners so we primarely stuck with night crawlers. As far as location on the like we are fishing off the banks. Tried near some of the boat ramps but also hiked down to some spots off the road, still no luck.

N

Noahk

Got skunked 2 days in a row. Hopefully we will have better luck when in warms up a little. Stopped at wamart but didn't see and red and black spinners so we primarely stuck with night crawlers. As far as location on the like we are fishing off the banks. Tried near some of the boat ramps but also hiked down to some spots off the road, still no luck.
I think really any spinner should work. I've always had good luck there with cast masters or blue fox spinners. Huck them out as far as you can and retrieve them back to shore just fast enough to keep them off the bottom (meaning slow). You can also cast them parallel to the shore and retrieve them at the same slow speed. Powerbait off the bottom usually does the trick too. I like chartreuse on about 24 inches of leader. I'd suggest trying the area just north of boat ramp C. Maybe a half mile from the fish pier. Good luck!

W

waco

Got skunked 2 days in a row. Hopefully we will have better luck when in warms up a little. Stopped at wamart but didn't see and red and black spinners so we primarely stuck with night crawlers.
yeah thats why i love nail polish!!! you can just get some from the wife's and make about any combination and colors you want!!!!

G

GDBrown

Beaverfan and I were there this afternoon and fished about 30 yard out from the bank. 18-20ft of water the fish were all at 10-15ft. Jay hooked at least 8 and kept 3-4 while I hooked 4 and kept 4. (wife is happy now) All were hooked on yellow and pink/red Power eggs. It's the first time I have ever tried them but Jay knew just what they wanted. And best of all the motor runs like a top and started 1st pull every time after it was warmed up the first time. I'm ready for the river now!

GD

P

packers1214

Yeah we were using power bait cheese smell, not a lot of luck with that but only had about a 10 inc leader, night crawlers and spiners no luck eather we were fishing in some weeds though. Just got to keep trying things and hopfully hook some fish soon eh!

troutdude

troutdude

Yeah we were using power bait cheese smell, not a lot of luck with that but only had about a 10 inc leader, night crawlers and spiners no luck eather we were fishing in some weeds though. Just got to keep trying things and hopfully hook some fish soon eh!

Packers, when you're fishing weed beds for trout, you should try at least 3' of leader w/ floating bait. You need to get the bait above the weeds.

Or, you a slip bobber so you can adjust to the right depth. Just like GD and Beav showed...the fish are in the top 20' of water at this time of year.

YouTube - Thill ProSeries Slip-Bobber Rigs

Top Bottom