no luck for us

I
IT Guy
we've thrown worms - brown rooster tails - various spoons - rapalas - fly. from the bank. we're striking out - water is high and fast.

has anyone done anything on the upper deschutes?

T
Troutier Bassier
free drifting a worm always has good results

Troutski
Troutski
Egg pattern...

Egg pattern...

Try an egg pattern fly, in dark orange and even the lighter colored patterns. Keep the presentation deep and try to have a free drift. Remember to be stealth when walking up to and along the creeks, the fish can hear you...for real.

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
That's why you see Chinese catching a lot of fish. The just use there ninja skills to get stealth kills on the fish population. LOL just keep trying if there are fish to be caught then something will get them.

J
joesnuffy
Ninja's were from Japan. :p

T
Thuggin4Life
I know what a dumb thing to say. I was just thinking of this Chinese guy who seems to be catching more fish than anyone else at this one hole we fish maybe he is Japanese. But serious be stealthy my step dad will walk down stream and cast into spots that are 50+' away when he fishes small creeks just so the fish won't know he is there until it's too late.

T
Troutier Bassier
Lol, Old timers Crawling on there stomachs trying not to spook a fish.

H
halibuthitman
some day you will fish a spring creek, then you will understand.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sometimes you gotta be stealthy and if your not then you will never catch a fish.

J
joesnuffy
that's why i fish in camo :)

I
I Grade
I was fishing the White River a cpl weeks ago and we were sneaking up on them and catching these beautiful, but tiny, redside trout. You gotta be stealth in those narrow rivers.

I Grade

I
IT Guy
re: no luck for us

we've picked up some little fellers - worm, spoon, rooster tails and the like.

river still high and fast and many camp spots along the river a full - all week now days. 10 years ago we had it to ourselves ! those days are over!

S
Steelheadon
try fishing a size 6 panther martin...the black one with yellow dots works best for me . Retrieve it as slow as possible. In the morning and evening use a sinking rapala with a slow but jerky retrieve. Do not wear bright colors or make much noise...I grew up fishing on the middle deschutes, I sure do miss it sometimes.

B
Barbarosa
upper Deschutes

upper Deschutes

Try a size #16 royal wulff, and be very stealthy with your approach.