No luck at Oxbow

K
Kais
Went Fishing at Oxbow park today. The fishing was terrible. I fished the area where there is a lot of people right past the picnic area. I didn't get anything there so I went up to another spot with a pool next to the actual current, nothing yet. Horribly discouraging to me. Wasted $5 on the parking. Anybody know and good holes near there?

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
Don't get frustrated, Steelhead fishing is tough. It can take quite a while to get the hang of it. Once you get one it is all worth it. I know people who have been fishing for years and still haven't got there first Steelhead.

K
Kais
wow, it just feels like there's no fish in the water you know what i mean. But i been doing a lot of research.
Just out of curiosity, are worms (live) good bait.

Last edited:
E
eggs
Yea worm are decent summer steel bait...

I got skunk at oxbow Sunday with the old man..

The Sandy is slow right now.... springer run isn't living up to prediction and summers aren't in full swing for a couple weeks.... your better off on the Clack for a couple weeks imo... sandy is averaging 1 fish for every 4 boats from counts at dabney and l&c the past few weekends..

K
Kais
Ya I knew the Sandy just wasn't producing from some other people on the forum so I'm not totally discouraged.

M
mgdguy
Don't give up! Keep trying and watching the forum. When the bites picks up, hit it HARD ;)

H
halibuthitman
eggs said:
Yea worm are decent summer steel bait...

I got skunk at oxbow Sunday with the old man..

The Sandy is slow right now.... springer run isn't living up to prediction and summers aren't in full swing for a couple weeks.... your better off on the Clack for a couple weeks imo... sandy is averaging 1 fish for every 4 boats from counts at dabney and l&c the past few weekends..
with the amount of rain in the past month most summers that have headed up the sandy are high, like ceder creek and past..... THE ODFW FISH AVERAGE IS A USELESS PIECE OF INFORMATION as 75% of steelhead are caught by 20% of the fishermen.

E
eggs
Thats why I have been fishing Marmot to mouth of Salmon river section;)

H
halibuthitman
eggs said:
Thats why I have been fishing Marmot to mouth of Salmon river section;)

hmmmm.... strong jedi! ;)