No early steelhead but...

R
rippin fish lips
Well it all started when i saw the fish were having a feeding frenzy at harvest lane... so i went home grabbed my gear and went upstream

I did manage to land 24 trout and 19 shook off!! Was a good day! Water color is so awesome right now!! thinkin about heading out in the morning again. I didn't bother taking pics except one pic which ill post in a day or 2 on this thread. Caught them all on 2 spoons :p

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
rippin fish lips said:
I did manage to land 24 trout and 19 shook off!! Was a good day! Water color is so awesome right now!! thinkin about heading out in the morning again. I didn't bother taking pics except one pic which ill post in a day or 2 on this thread. Caught them all on 2 spoons :p

damn dude.. that's a lot of trout!! take some more pics next time bruh!! sounds like you had a blast :clap:

R
rippin fish lips
I will!! Only got a peice of crap cell camra right now lol. ill put up the pic of the cutty i snapped a pic of like tomorrow or tonight idk lol

R
rippin fish lips
so i went out again yesterday and started at henricks then went up to leaburg, caught 9 trout, nothin big. I love the way the river is looking!! can't wait to float it and fish all the new holes! :D

G
GoldFishSlayer
you sure they are all trout and not smolt ? trout season isn't open till the fourth sat.in april on the river if thats where you are fishing just to let ya know

R
rippin fish lips
GoldFishSlayer said:
you sure they are all trout and not smolt ? trout season isn't open till the fourth sat.in april on the river if thats where you are fishing just to let ya know

I know my fish bro. they were all trout i didn't hook into any smolt. If i did i would move to another hole.
I was going after steelhead and you can fish for steelhead/salmon/trout year round on the mac and willy bro.

The 4th sat in april is when you can use bait and start keepin trout.

G
GoldFishSlayer
hey I have seen it done before down there people thinkin trout and killing them just thought I would share some awareness for other people reading

B
bran_man
Yeah I went on Tuesday and there was a crazy big hatch going on so the trout were going crazy! Was fishing for steelhead (obviously) but EVERY cast with a spinner came a trout. In three hours caught and released (all unharmed) over 40 trout. One was a steelhead smolt which I left the hole as soon as I let it go. Was hoping to get into another early summer but no luck. But it was still very fun catching all those trout!

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
Yeah I went on Tuesday and there was a crazy big hatch going on so the trout were going crazy! Was fishing for steelhead (obviously) but EVERY cast with a spinner came a trout. In three hours caught and released (all unharmed) over 40 trout. One was a steelhead smolt which I left the hole as soon as I let it go. Was hoping to get into another early summer but no luck. But it was still very fun catching all those trout!

yeah i was casting a spoon and cleo for steelhead and the trout wouldnt leave it alone