Night fishing for trout allowed here...

B
bigfootfish
That's right. Fish for trout at night. It's called Miller Lake!

Google Maps

Miller Lake (Klamath Co.) • 25 kokanee per day (no size limits) in addition to other trout species catch limit.
• Angling allowed 24 hours per day.

BFF

Last edited:
T
The Nothing
Nice! Looks like a good remote location too. Ideal for a kayak or pontoon, as it doesn't look like they have much of anything that counts as a boat launch, unlike Lake of the Woods (the other 24hr trout lake). I like it!

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Is Miller Lk open all year?

T
The Nothing
Yes

B
bigfootfish
TTFishOn

TTFishOn

Is Miller Lake open all year? It has, I believe, 5 species of game fish it in, by the way. Let me check real quick..... On page 77 of the ODFW Fishing Regs, it would seem to indicate that Miller Lake is open year 'round. It's North of Crater Lake and across the divide from Diamond Lake. It has Browns, Kokes(25 per day limit), Rainbows and Brookies in it. There's a real nice Forest Service Campground there and a sign that lists the fish in it. I seem to remember 5 species.
The ODFW has a companion site called the Oregon Fish Finder. It's interesting but needs lots of updating. It's at:

Oregon Fish Finder

BFF

P
pdx89
the question is, can you get to the lake year round?
how about snow? and winter? well do live in oregon, and it snows... checked the Google link, and it appears that the lake is around 5,500-5,600 above sea level.. just a thought. :)

B
bigfootfish
Ice fishin'?

Ice fishin'?

It's get snowed in, I'm sure. Ice fishin'?

BFF

P
pdx89
that might work once you actually get to the lake, i doubt the road to the lake is cleaned... i hear so folk either snow shoe, or use cross-country ski and hike for mile off the main roads into those type of remote lakes. stay there for couple of days, fish, and come back.
i have drove that way but to OIT

M
Mad dog
It's a long way in to Miller on showshoes or cross country ski's.....especially when all those snowmobiles keep racing past you! :D That's how most people get there! :lol:
With the snow the Cascades have had, it might already be snowed in! The Forest service does not maintain the road, most winters the snow is 4-6 ft. deep in Chemult! I can't imagine how deep it is up at miller by mid-winter! Might be 3 ft. of snow on the ice when you get there! What a pain! Used to fish it a lot, unless you have snowmobiles and just want something to do while out on a snowmobile ride I wouldn't bother! The fishing isn't that good up there.
The browns get big, most are 14"-18", we have caught them to 8-10 lbs., the rainbows are mostly stockers and I would imagine that ice fishing for them would be somewhat slow, the kokes are rediculously small and might only be 3"-5" during the dead of winter, don't know much about the brookies, I think the catch on them would be pretty light, especially under the ice!

If anyone tries it let us know how it went! Good luck!

M
Mad dog
It's a long way in to Miller on showshoes or cross country ski's.....especially when all those snowmobiles keep racing past you! :D That's how most people get there! :lol:
With the snow the Cascades have had, it might already be snowed in! The Forest service does not maintain the road, most winters the snow is 4-6 ft. deep in Chemult! I can't imagine how deep it is up at miller by mid-winter! Might be 3 ft. of snow on the ice when you get there! What a pain! Used to fish it a lot, unless you have snowmobiles and just want something to do while out on a snowmobile ride I wouldn't bother! The fishing isn't that good up there.
The browns get big, most are 14"-18", we have caught them to 8-10 lbs., the rainbows are mostly stockers and I would imagine that ice fishing for them would be somewhat slow, the kokes are rediculously small and might only be 3"-5" during the dead of winter, don't know much about the brookies, I think the catch on them would be pretty light, especially under the ice!

If anyone tries it let us know how it went! Good luck!

P
pdx89
Mad dog - good info, thanks! sound like you been there done that:D
and yea you can also use snowmobiles, totally forgot about them:cool:
in either case, ice fishing is not the best fishing... most of the time, espicially in OR... thats what ive been hearing... mostly done for the fun of it, or you you need to spend sometime away from home.. if you know what i mean:)