Night fishin the tractor pond

F
Finneus Polebender
Night fishin is all good when ya got your own pond ! Actually this one was caught within the 1 hr after dusk time frame couldnt see what i was doin but sure felt this chunky two lber! caught a couple 12 " ones too the bite is definitly slowin down but not over yet! Tractor pond10-19-10 001.jpgTractor pond10-19-10 002.jpg

T
todd
looks scary out there. the bite has slowed down a lot where i fish to.sucks

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Geeez,look at that smile! You're not even squinting,must be a happy guy. lol Oh,and the fish is nice,too. ;-)

T
TTFishon
I think I recognize that place. I'm gonna have to sneak in there and give it a try. lol

F
Finneus Polebender
Gonna try the hour before dawn in the mornin, ends up I got pushed to swing shift tomorrow night so I am gonna get up and give her a go! Thinkin I may go hit the big pond this time its always glassy in the mornin any other die hard bassers interested?

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
I think I recognize that place. I'm gonna have to sneak in there and give it a try. lol

Better come by and get the key first ya little trespasser LOL.

T
tomriker
i tried your so called "bait of confidence" in the little pond behind my house, and somthing bit it inhalf and i lost half of it :( boo stupid "bait of confidence" is a joke!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
i tried your so called "bait of confidence" in the little pond behind my house, and somthing bit it inhalf and i lost half of it :( boo stupid "bait of confidence" is a joke!

I am tellin ya your just not holdin your lower lip right , besides your the jig king benn gettin any in the big water lately? I am still squeezin a few out got room on the back of my pontoon in the mornin LOL. Next time throw that swim bait in there I dare them to bite that in half!

Last edited:
T
tomriker
lol i'll give it a try tomorrow morning when i get done with my morning shift of work, before it rains! then i fear the fishing will be done for good :( took the boats out of the pond today and im not about to bank fish! lol

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:

I think I'm gonna sneak in there tonight with my steelhead pole and try to get one of those big carp.

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
lol i'll give it a try tomorrow morning when i get done with my morning shift of work, before it rains! then i fear the fishing will be done for good :( took the boats out of the pond today and im not about to bank fish! lol

Thinkin youll be tellin us about the monster, Colby told me to stick to my guns not as many but the big girls will feed till the ice comes! Thinkin your right about the rain, hopefully wrong about the fishin, just loaded up and is 49 deg out there rather warm for an october morn maybe the feesh will bite!

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Well forgot my head light and spent an hour fishin by brail listening for a splash to know if i hit water or not . Would occasionally hit the bank and stir up critters in the bushes . Played that game till first light then fired up the fish finder and kept on the hunt .Much to my amazement and frustration marked close to 200 fish and could not get 1 bite . Almost all were in 5-10 ft of water and just off the bottom . Another strange part is they were all over on one side of the pond ? Oh well it was still a cool mornin on the pond gotta remember my light next time !

T
todd
i havent been abal to catch many at all this week, getting really fustrated, im thinking the season might be over for me,got to find a new hobby for the next 6 months. sucks

R
ryan808
Try the drop shot, it never fails

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
Try the drop shot, it never fails

Actually remember you tellin me that and when I saw all those fish hangin towards the bottom I switched to a weighted set up quick ! fished it and the jigs for around 2 hrs and no takers it was a full moon night before I went though.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:

ahahahaha

C
colbypearson
todd said:
i havent been abal to catch many at all this week, getting really fustrated, im thinking the season might be over for me,got to find a new hobby for the next 6 months. sucks

if you dont mind toughing it you can get them year round i was at agate sturday todd we boated 15 nothing over 3lbs though.

T
todd
how long did u fish.man the weather was so bad this weekend i was thinking theres no wayu went. what kind of boat do u guy have

F
Finneus Polebender
Was gonna sneak out sat morn but had some work ta do so I missed out hurricane crap since then! With the water so close now will try till it freezes this year . The ol ponds are gettin some much needed fillin over this last weekend! They were all real low!

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Well got out there tonight for an hour or so ! No takers but the water has come up a good 4-5 inches pretty clear still but cold on the bite .Marked a few fish in deep water way at the bottom prob those carp TT wants to go catch!