Nice Wilson chromer

B
beaverfan
So I started my day doing my part in clipping 109,000 Fall Chinook for the Rhoades Pond Facility on Three Rivers. It is a volunteer run rearing facility 6 miles east of Hebo. There were a hundred or so volunteers and the clipping took about 3 hours. Afterwards they had a bbq and raffle. We decided to drive home through Tillamook and up Hwy. 6. I snapped my steelhead rod a couple days ago with Autofisher so all I had was a 5.5ft ultra-light with 6lb line. Third cast hooked into a beast! 30 inches and in the 12-14lb range. One of my buddies is an executive producer for Fox 12 and he asked that I take some pics of the event for the news. I threw in a pic of me holding my fish so just maybe if you watch the Fox 12 news tonight at 10 you might see me holding up a nice chrome steelhead on the news! Here are some pics from the day.

fishclipping098.jpg

fishclipping096.jpg

fishclipping095.jpg

fishclipping091.jpg

fishclipping081.jpg

S
STEELseeker4086
Wilson questions?

Wilson questions?

Hey not to pry all your secrets from you but I spent some time on the wilson today with no luck. I mostly toss spinners and was wondering where I should be focusing my efforts. I've fished there quiet a bit recently and the water is finally a lot lower and flowing slower so I was wondering what method you would recommend and or were using?

By the way thats a Nice one!

B
beaverfan
There are fish spread all over on that river right now. I caught this one on spinner and I was pretty low on the river. I also caught and released about a dozen pan sized Cutthroat.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great job on both! :clap: :clap:

Admin
Admin
You need sun glasses! That fish could make you blind! :) What size of the lure? If you don't mind me asking.

H
Hawk
A Reel Beauty Bro & Great Job volunteering.

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

H
halibuthitman
great fish Jay! and even better job on helpin produce some futer fin clippers for us to catch.

B
beaverfan
Ya he was a bright one! Cut bright red and tastes amazing! I was using a #4 nickel french blade with just the tip painted chartreuse yellow. Siwash hook got him good. Notice the size of rod he's laying next to. It was an epic battle. 20-25 min of runs and jumps! Best fight of my life I think!

Last edited:
Admin
Admin
beaverfan said:
I was using a #4 nickel french blade with just the tip painted chartreuse yellow.
Thanks!

A
autofisher
Right on bro! Glad to see one of us can make the WIlson produce

B
beaverfan
halibuthitman said:
great fish Jay! and even better job on helpin produce some futer fin clippers for us to catch.

Ya I'm stoked about the oppurtunity to go back and try to catch one in 3 or 4 years! Also if you guys get a chance watch the 10 oclock news broadcast on channel 12, I confirmed with the producer that they will air a little "bit" on the event and show some of my pictures!

M
Mike123
Dude that thing has some serious shoulders!! Nice fish!

Starting to get jealous of these pics... I'm 0-6 in the last two days now... :( Time to buy all new treble hooks for the spinners!

B
beaverfan
I'm tellin ya try siwash hooks on your spinners, you won't regret it! Once you hook em they're hooked for good! Plus you rarely snag, they just seem to bounce off the rocks.

S
Snagger
Sure is a nice fish.

M
Mike123
beaverfan said:
I'm tellin ya try siwash hooks on your spinners, you won't regret it! Once you hook em they're hooked for good! Plus you rarely snag, they just seem to bounce off the rocks.

I've tried them.. eh.. I loose just as many either way.. But I hook up more with the trebles. ;)
Ima treble hook guy. lol

B
BlackBass
Nice fish BF . I dont want to hijack the thread but what Mike said about his fish having shoulders is very true. I have caught 3 summers this year and have seen others caught that all have that bulging back. IDK what the reason are behind it, but its new to me. I have never seen this shoulder buldge in so many fish, even 4-5 lb fish are having these bulges in there backs. WEIRD

A
autofisher
Still can't believe that you broke your pole. That was classic. :lol:

M
mgdguy
NICE FISH! :clap: And the clipping pics are great too, thanks for sharing.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice pictures man!. nice fish and a cool thing you did by volunteering. bet it was a blast playing that fish in.

F
fishingfreak
Great Job! :clap::dance:Way to go brother ! That is one beautiful Chrome. I cannot believe you got it on a little pole that is Awesome:shock:! You must have a lot of River time! I can't wait to see the news. Thats strange about the bulge cause my last Chrome on the Clack was that size but it had no Bulge maybe its a wilson River thing? I hope I can volunteer for something like that here in Portland.
LA