Nice smallie on the Willamette

T
todd_brooks
New to post been reading and watching for some time. And just had to share my excitement. Got one of my nicest smallmouth ever on a wiggle wart tonight 15-16 in. Was targeting some coho but as that hasn't been happening it made my day. Needed a catch bad. Had a picture on my phone but the dam thing makes you save it and I didn't in my excitement and wanting to get him back in the water. And what a fight even on heavy gear.:dance:

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
welcome to the big show!!

T
troutmasta
Nicely done:clap: what part of the willi.

Q
qwapaw
Welcome, Keep us posted. A lot of us live fairly close to the Willamette in one area or another. Qwapaw

T
troutmasta
We do pretty good at bass all the time in Newberg. The smallies are way bigger than the large usually.

J
JASMINE
Great job!!! There is nothing like the fight of a bigger smallmouth in the river!!!

T
todd_brooks
Thanks guys one and all!

Thanks guys one and all!

I was in Lake oswego area off of furnace park. It my go to quick fish spot as it only a mile or two from my front door. I hope I'll have more to report soon. Thanks Again. T

F
fishndad
ah yeah, the funny thing is the wiggle warts work awesome on smallies especialy in the perch or firetiger pattern. good job on the smallie

C
colbypearson
does anyone know any spots on the willamete near corvallis i go there every summer for about a week but never do any good in any local spots i have seen from the road i have gotten 2 smallies out of the willamete near downtown corvallis both about 15 inches if anyone knows anywhere to catch bass within an hour of corvallis that has big bass i would appreciate it im lost in this area of oregon and dont know any spots i heard the good parts of the willamite are north a ways but have no clue how far i got my 2 on tubes any help would be greatly appreciated :think:

J
juggernaut506
Buena Vista

C
colbypearson
thanks for responding whereabouts is that being a young angler from medford area i know absolutely no spots in the area by name my bass were the marys river enters the willamete thats the only spot i know of really:confused:

N
nwkiller
bass

bass

colby come to eugene, i have some nice smallie spots and some great lagemouth spots! and corvalis is only 30 min away, catching a 20 inch 5 #er lmb is pretty regular, smallies usually are in the 2 pound range but its non-stop slaying, some of my funnest and most memerable fishing days are smallies...man they brawl

C
colbypearson
nwkiller said:
colby come to eugene, i have some nice smallie spots and some great lagemouth spots! and corvalis is only 30 min away, catching a 20 inch 5 #er lmb is pretty regular, smallies usually are in the 2 pound range but its non-stop slaying, some of my funnest and most memerable fishing days are smallies...man they brawl

sounds awesome i will stay in contact until summer when i usually go up there and we could meet up and bass fish sounds like you have some awesome spots and smallies are great they never give up but have you caught a spotted bass ?:D they are the best fighting fish pound for pound i think there is but we have almost none in oregon i took one i caught up at lostcreek to fish and game and they did some dna tests and confirmed what i told them was not even a comparison to a largemouth so thers one lake that WILL take off with them in years to come some people are absolutely PEE-PEED that they got in there but im kinda happy that we finally have a species of bass that can withstand cold water and bite in 40 degree water at times:dance: im not gonna argue with people about it i think they will do very good in there it is a similar smaller version of shasta and shasta is a world class spotted bass fishery but no one get any ideas in moving them 1 lake is enough and that lake is the one they will take off in -LETS HOPE THEY GET BIGGER THAN ALL THE DINK SMALLIES THERE- but spotted bass fight just as hard of not harder than smallies i love em all lol can't wait to hit the water again maybe tomorrow :pray: i hope i catch some bass (how bout a 8lbr for january) hah

Last edited by a moderator:
N
nwkiller
bass

bass

sounds good...never caught a spotted bass, not sure where to target them, infact im not that great of a bass angler but could defenetly use some tips, ill show you the spots, u show me the tricks!! lol
you ever fish other species? salmon, brown trout, mackinaw, kokenee? i have some amazing carp spots too, caught a 13 # carp just b4 the freeze hit up here.

PM me whenever

checkout my pics on BOUNTYFISHING.com under ornorthwest

might want to join with your skills

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
ya i have caught most of those fish but i target bass the most i went carp fishing today and had 1 bite:( that was it shoulda gone for some bass i guess hopefully things warm up down here

T
Throbbit _Shane
colbypearson said:
ya i have caught most of those fish but i target bass the most i went carp fishing today and had 1 bite:( that was it shoulda gone for some bass i guess hopefully things warm up down here

You dont have the 2 rod permit? you could fish for both at the same time :D

C
colbypearson
i heard about it how much is it today really sucked at the expo:( i am dying for some warm water there im having bass withdrawels :lol:

C
colbypearson
i wouldnt know how to catch a carp anyways just thought i would give it a try i used canned corn on the bottom with a slip sinker:think:

T
Throbbit _Shane
colbypearson said:
i wouldnt know how to catch a carp anyways just thought i would give it a try i used canned corn on the bottom with a slip sinker:think:

I think that will work. also iv heard bread is good to use. if u have a dog id try to moisten there food and try that :D

C
colbypearson
so whats this about the 2 rod thing how can i get it and how much i have heard a little about it but not much;)