Nice smallie caught on the Willamette.

A
Androol
It was getting dark and I was just about to retire for the day but decided on one more cast... and BAM! As soon as I pulled it out of the water my line snapped (4 lb. test.) and I had to pretty much dive after it.

The picture isn't all that great because I was by myself and the only camera I have is my cell phone.

T
the_intimidator03
Nice bronzeback and welcome to the forum as well What part of the willamette where you fishing?

H
Hawk
Great Job.

Reel Nice Smallie.

:D:D:D
:cool::cool:
:clap::clap::clap:

Welcome to the Family...

S
skunk
Nice, way to stick with the 'last' cast. That usually ends up meaning like 10 more casts for me. So hard to leave empty handed.

A
Androol
the_intimidator03 said:
Nice bronzeback and welcome to the forum as well What part of the willamette where you fishing?

I'm not entirely sure what the part of the Willamette I was on is called... but if you drive through west Salem out into the country, it's around the Lincoln Store area if that makes sense. My grandpa lives out there and I've fished in that area all my life.
I've only caught one of that size one other time there, I was much younger and we didn't have access to a camera at the time.

A
Androol
skunk said:
Nice, way to stick with the 'last' cast. That usually ends up meaning like 10 more casts for me. So hard to leave empty handed.

Haha, I had already made about 10 'last' casts, but it was really starting to get dark and that was ACTUALLY going to be my last cast.
It was so cool too because the bass hit about as soon as the jig hit the water.

C
Cohosanders
:lol:How many times have yo said"just one more cast" and actually caught a fish??? Me never:think: I love that saying...especially if your with someone else and then it becomes a position of obligation. I always justify one more cast as the last cast did not land where I wanted...retrieve and cast....just one more time:lol: Way 2 go on that small mouth. Great color.Did you hand line it after your line snapped?

N
nwkiller
nice, can't wait to get into the smallies

B
bigdog
Good job nothing like that last cast paying OFF for you and welcome to the forum.

CJ

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice smallie especially on 4lb test!

P
pdx89
Nice Fish!
time for me to catch some))

A
Androol
Cohosanders said:
:lol:How many times have yo said"just one more cast" and actually caught a fish??? Me never:think: I love that saying...especially if your with someone else and then it becomes a position of obligation. I always justify one more cast as the last cast did not land where I wanted...retrieve and cast....just one more time:lol: Way 2 go on that small mouth. Great color.Did you hand line it after your line snapped?

I was actually able to grab the fish itself before it flopped back into the water...Maybe I should up to 6 lb. test? haha... 4 lb. makes it more fun though imo... more of a challenge. I'm all about the lightest equipment that still gets the job done, I salmon fish with 12 lb. test.

Also, I've never actually had a 'last' cast pay off until that one. I guess that fish will make it that much harder to actually decide whether I'm done for the day or not in the future!

Last edited: