Nice looking yarn balls.

B
beaverfan
So I was doing some last minute Xmas shopping, my girlfriend was down the arts and crafts aisle. I went to go bug her to speed her up a bit when I came across these awesome little yarn balls. Got sixty of em for a little over 2 bucks. Got home and threw a few on some size 1 hooks. They look pretty good to me, tell me what you think.

F
fishhunter
they look good, better pic on ebay.

I
imfishing
Well, I guess the secrets out...

Well, I guess the secrets out...

Yea...sweet.

You can get those at Micheal's Craft Store.

They're called pom poms.

Those look good the way you have them.

Or...

If you go one isle over and get some fabric needles,

you can string them down to the egg loop then sinch that down with bottom pinned corkie.

Works awesome.

Well, Merry Christmas and Tight Lines.

B
beaverfan
Thanks I'll have to try that out! Merry Christmas to you too!

A
autofisher
They look really good man. And yeah. The threading thingy works really good too.

S
skunk
Those are cool. I'll have to pick some up

B
bigsteel
those look good,,,in the fly tying section at wholesale sports here in salem they carry wapsi krystal eggs they come in different sizes as well

I
I Grade
I saw them at michaels....they looked promising, but they are just sponges, once full of water they sink like a rock, and the cheap dyes will stain your fishing vest if you leave them in your pocket. I have a rainbow pocket in my vest now thanks to those things. They have potential, but I threw mine away.

I Grade

F
fishhunter
I Grade said:
I saw them at michaels....they looked promising, but they are just sponges, once full of water they sink like a rock, and the cheap dyes will stain your fishing vest if you leave them in your pocket. I have a rainbow pocket in my vest now thanks to those things. They have potential, but I threw mine away.

I Grade

Thanks for that info save my money. They are nice looking.

C
carl hungis
I Grade said:

I Grade

Yarnies get saturated as well

I
I Grade
off topic, but also true.....

I Grade

P
plumb2fish
carl hungis said:
Yarnies get saturated as well

So use something above the yarnie that offsets the weight of the wet yarn(neutral bouyancy).A pegged corkie works pretty well. Unless the water is really off color I like my whole presentation to be about the size of a nickle or smaller. Save your money, learn to tie a double bait loop and buy some pop-a-top yarn and make your own. I usually just tie up the hooks and add the yarn of choice once on the river and trim to size. They are not perfectly round like those are but the fish don't seem to mind.:)

S
sts slayer
nice

C
carl hungis
plumb2fish said:
So use something above the yarnie that offsets the weight of the wet yarn(neutral bouyancy).A pegged corkie works pretty well. Unless the water is really off color I like my whole presentation to be about the size of a nickle or smaller. Save your money, learn to tie a double bait loop and buy some pop-a-top yarn and make your own. I usually just tie up the hooks and add the yarn of choice once on the river and trim to size. They are not perfectly round like those are but the fish don't seem to mind.:)

good point!

B
brysageek
supplies

supplies

where is Michaels at the only one I know of is in Portland, ?? is there one in Eugene???
also does anyone know of a cheap spot online to get cheap spin'n Glows down here there as much asa $1.25 a pop and I remember them being much cheaper than that!!!!!