Nice day on the Siletz

J
Johnny Southpaw
My buddy and I spent a good 7 hours on the water up in the gorge on the Siletz Saturday. Great day all in all. Didn't find the chrome I've been dreaming about, but was able to land one slightly colored native winter on float/jig. My friend landed two fish on spinners, a small winter and a decent sized summer fish. Sore as heck today-we hiked through some thick s*@! to get to some new water-it was well worth it though. Thank you fish gods:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Steelhunter
Nice fish!

Nice fish!

Nice fish man! Got my first on the Siletz last year...still working on the second though:think:

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice man sounds fun!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Good job! What color jig did you get it on?

K
Kenjamin
Sweet. Great Job John

M
Mike123
Right on man good job on the fish and the video skills! :clap:

We tried getting videos yesterday but only would end up getting the end of the battle.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Thanks guys. That buck fell for a pink vibra-jig-which I lost a few casts later:mad::mad: ( I need to order some more Chad). Mike123 I've been debating whether trying to get video is worth possibly losing a fish-as almost was the case in this last video as the fish ran at me when I was fumbling with camera setup. It's sure nice to get it on video, but one needs to be careful to keep tension on the line while getting it setup-which can be tricky. I'm really trying to get some good underwater-release footage, which has proved tricky.

S
Steelyfishn
nice fish... I was on the siletz all weekend. Saturday was good fishing. I caught 1 nate and 1 keeper. Sunday was booty. Talked to a lot of other boaters and there were like 2 fish caught ? Beautiful day though today made it worth being out there just for that and the siletz is pretty freakin awesome too... Sorry no pics on my buddies camera.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Good to hear!! I am going to be having a contest with pictures of fish with Steelhead Stalkers Jigs in their mouths. Might be worth quit a few free jigs.

I got my first fish on Saturday on a pink vibra jig. I normally stay away from the bigger size on smaller water but its been very effective this year. Good job out there.

J
Johnny Southpaw
steelhead_stalkers said:
Good to hear!! I am going to be having a contest with pictures of fish with Steelhead Stalkers Jigs in their mouths. Might be worth quit a few free jigs.

Good to know...I was about to take a close up picture of this last buck with the pink vibra in it's mouth but decided not too:(:( Next time.