Nice day at Trojan before they stocked it..

R
Random Fisherman
I had a really nice day at Trojan on Thursday morning before they stocked it. Landed an 18", 15", 14", and 13".. had one get away because I had two on at the same time (Two Pole Endorsement). We went back today but aside from one nice 16" my daughter caught it was like freshman year of college (barely legal) all day long.

11083871_1098004186883137_6857759583316407795_n.jpg

Reactions: Admin
K
knucklehead 61
nice looking catch!
where is trojan?

B
Billamicasr
Never been there so I just had to Google it. The park rules mention boating. Not sure if they allow float tubes but it appears kayaks, rowboats and pontoons are okay.
It's near Portland in the area of a closed nuclear generation plant - Ah-ha, no wonder the trout are so big.
Looks like a very nice regional park.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
doh.

troutdude
troutdude
V
Veiði
Random Fisherman- Not that it really matters anymore, but out of curiosity, what kind of setups were you running? I was out there two weeks before they stocked it & had no luck whatsoever.

D
DrTheopolis
Billamicasr said:
It's near Portland

Not really.

And it's right smack in front of the old nuke plant.

B
Billamicasr
Not Really is right; directions say it's 42 miles from Portland... I stand corrected

"Directions: Trojan is located northwest of Portland along the shore of the Columbia River. Follow Highway 30 west from Portland, for 42 miles, until you see signs for Trojan."

R
Random Fisherman
Veiði said:
Random Fisherman- Not that it really matters anymore, but out of curiosity, what kind of setups were you running? I was out there two weeks before they stocked it & had no luck whatsoever.

I'm using 1/4 ounce bullet weights just above a swivel and running about 20" of 6lb Berkley Vanish with a #14 treble hook. I'm using power bait.. I've caught on multiple colors, but the pink/blue/white and pink and orange sherbet seem to be the best.

V
Veiði
Random Fisherman said:
I'm using 1/4 ounce bullet weights just above a swivel and running about 20" of 6lb Berkley Vanish with a #14 treble hook. I'm using power bait.. I've caught on multiple colors, but the pink/blue/white and pink and orange sherbet seem to be the best.

Hmmmm.... I ran the same setup & used spinners too. Guess I just went on a bad day. There was one other guy there too & he also got skunked.

R
Random Fisherman
Veiði said:
Hmmmm.... I ran the same setup & used spinners too. Guess I just went on a bad day. There was one other guy there too & he also got skunked.

I think it has to do with where I'm fishing as well as my setup. That particular info I'm not willing to share. I found a spot where I'm catching 2-3 fish for every other one I catch outside of it. I'm pretty sure there is a ledge or something under the water where all of the fish are hanging out.

V
Veiði
Random Fisherman said:
I think it has to do with where I'm fishing as well as my setup. That particular info I'm not willing to share. I found a spot where I'm catching 2-3 fish for every other one I catch outside of it. I'm pretty sure there is a ledge or something under the water where all of the fish are hanging out.

Can't say I blame you. Especially with it being stocked & the weather getting nicer resulting in crowded times at Trojan.

R
Random Fisherman
Veiði said:
Can't say I blame you. Especially with it being stocked & the weather getting nicer resulting in crowded times at Trojan.

Knocked out my limit in just over an hour this morning. Four of them were recently stocked though, so they were small. I got one nice 14" hold over though.

R
Random Fisherman
Went back this morning and killed it again. I caught eleven trout in two hours. Luckily six hooked in the lip so I could throw them back... those tiny little freshly stocked guys. I had to keep four of them though and got another 14".

95fordranger
Random Fisherman said:
Went back this morning and killed it again. I caught eleven trout in two hours. Luckily six hooked in the lip so I could throw them back... those tiny little freshly stocked guys. I had to keep four of them though and got another 14".

Anyone use a row boat? Or all bank fishing?

C
Camo
Real Nice rainbows!
You got Trojan pond figured out. And I bet you also got a couple local fishers in Rainier jumping up and down angry because of your post!
This is exactly What forums are for!

Anyone use a row boat? Or all bank fishing?
Good question, 95fordranger.