NFR Report

T
tnffishman
Fished all day starting at nine o' clock. Tried the bank just past the tunnel and my friends got one a piece there, then we headed to the dock near the campground and met up with my parents. The bite there was stange_the fish would only hit if the OFFering was dropped straight off the side of the dock, my parents got into 4 or 5 there.

We picked up one more near the tunnel, then headed to the first boat ramp with the fishing platform. The place was packed so I decided to walk down the road and walked towards the dam. Finally I got into some fish and limited out in the last thirty minutes before dark.

The lake had quite a bit of current in it today. We had luck with powereggs off the bottom, and I caught all my fish on pautzkies off a bobber. Overall a weird day of fishing being that I fished hard all day and finally was awarded after moving locations and OFFerings several times.

I hope the fishing gets more steady in the coming weeks, and I know not every day will be as packed as today was... Good Luck everybody

• NF2.jpg
  • NF1.jpg
brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish :clap: good eats there. i like to smoke em when i have a good quantity or a good sized one.

Reactions: Troutier Bassier
T
tnffishman
brandon4455 said:
nice fish :clap: good eats there. i like to smoke em when i have a good quantity or a good sized one.

That's actually exactly what I do too. Sometimes the smoked trout is just as good if not better than salmon IMO

troutdude
troutdude
Nice job TNF! That's the way to work it, and sniff out those fish! I'm hoping to get up there this year (it's been about 20 since I last fished it).

M
meluvtrout
If you are going with a pontoon, troll VERY slowly towards the dam, as close as you can be to the shore, using wedding rings or rooster tails. Anything will work if you can troll Sllllllooooooowwwww. My favorite place is the chained logs by the dam. Fish like to rest/hide right underneath those logs. Good luck.

W
wozniasm
I've use Balls o Fire 'green Label' at a few other lakes with great results.

Meluvtrout: Thanks for the tip on trolling speed. Slow is easy when you're rowing.... Trolling towards the dam/chained logs near shore is how I found yesterday's sweet spot!

T
tnffishman
meluvtrout said:
If you are going with a pontoon, troll VERY slowly towards the dam, as close as you can be to the shore, using wedding rings or rooster tails. Anything will work if you can troll Sllllllooooooowwwww. My favorite place is the chained logs by the dam. Fish like to rest/hide right underneath those logs. Good luck.

That is definitely true. I have trolled down by the logs on the far side with ford fenders and wedding rings and done well. The fish are also hanging right next to the shore. Today I headed up again and had to fish a new spot because of the amount of people down by the logs off the shore. I was using a bobber and eggs only casting about 6 ft. off the shore and got a limit