Nfn

W

walleyed

Hatchery

Hatchery

Went up to the Hatchery on Friday and saw 6 fish pulled out through out the day none of them were on my line of coarse. There were so many people at the falls it was hard to even get my line in the water.

C

carl hungis

the crowds have been insane at the hatchery this year. Contrary to popular belief there are other/better spots to fish that river. I might be heading over later this week if anyones down??

H

Herefishyfishy

I showed up at the hatchery at 6 yesterday morning and could not even get in the parking lot! I said screw that and headed toward 101 to hit the Kilches. On the way every pullout (2) that I know of that are big enough for one car had four! Does anyone know of and willing to share any other access, I'm planning on going tomorrow. I ran into a guy about noon on the Kilches who was at the hatchery all morning, he said it was elbow to elbow from the deadline past the falls with tangled lines, flared tempers and only 2 fish caught!

H

halibuthitman

the north fork is best fished from a boat during combat times, and during mid-high water can be a dangerous drift. Going to the nfn on a weekend in jan-feb is a joke... there are three coastal rivers with smaller hatchery runs but more nates, so I concentrate on them. Its also pretty good fishing above the hatchery.

S

SeaRay

HFF
On the way every pullout (2) that I know of that are big enough for one car had four! Does anyone know of and willing to share any other access.
Good question?

elbow to elbow from the deadline past the falls with tangled lines, flared tempers and only 2 fish caught!
Combat fishing at it's best!

Carl
Contrary to popular belief there are other/better spots to fish that river. I might be heading over later this week if anyones down??
Maybe care to share?

I haven't fished the N.F.N. for steel this year,sounds like I havent missed much.