Next Question

G
GoDucks1
How do you attach surgical tubing to your line? Just poke the snap swivel through it? Is it the same with a parachute cord slinkie?

Thanks!

K
Kodiak
Tubing is pretty much a pain in the arse but to answer that question yes and 42.

G
GoDucks1
What do you use for weight when drifting? Thanks again.

P
PDXKush
Splitshots if water is clear...Slinkeys/Pencil led when dirty...That's what I've been told.

O
osmosis
I use split shots always. Used to use pencil lead, but I like the ability to have the exact same amount of lead over and over, and with so many sizes of split shot it makes "tailoring" your lead to every hole a breeze.

Someone's pulling your leg with the clear water dirty water thing. in low clear water using a tiny chunk of pencil lead is the same exact thing as using a split shot of the same size.

P
PDXKush
I Was actually fishing with Eli Rico today we talked a bit about drifting and he told me that. But he didn't say pencil led .. Just slinkeys. I just threw pencil led in there figuring they were using a large piece.

Whats your opinion on slinkeys osmo?

G
GoDucks1
What do you guys think of attaching the split shot onto a tag line hanging off a barrel swivel? I've been sliding on a piece of hollow core pencil lead and cinching it with pliers, but it continues to slide off after a number of casts and really f-ing up my spool. Would split shots be more dependable?

P
PDXKush
Splits are cheaper and as for your first question...all the good fisherman Ive met run their splits off the tag line. I believe its a Rule lol. As for dependable, one of the other more advanced people on here will have to answer that. I mean I lose them often but I dont mind crimping a few more on for the price. I just hate leaving all that led at the bottom of the river. Can someone come up with a good alternative that wont leave me feeling unfriendly towards the environment???

G
GoDucks1
PDXKush said:
Splits are cheaper and as for your first question...all the good fisherman Ive met run their splits off the tag line. I believe its a Rule lol. As for dependable, one of the other more advanced people on here will have to answer that. I mean I lose them often but I dont mind crimping a few more on for the price. I just hate leaving all that led at the bottom of the river. Can someone come up with a good alternative that wont leave me feeling unfriendly towards the environment???

I definitely don't mind crimping on more. I guess the chances of them all coming off at once are minimal, whereas one piece of lead flying off during a cast has been putting me on the bank retooling and fixing my spool for 20 minutes.

Thanks All

Y
youngbuck307
GoDucks1 said:
What do you guys think of attaching the split shot onto a tag line hanging off a barrel swivel? I've been sliding on a piece of hollow core pencil lead and cinching it with pliers, but it continues to slide off after a number of casts and really f-ing up my spool. Would split shots be more dependable?

I think you are going to have same problem with both when your wippin it out there. but i use hollow core works great for me i like it because you dont have to buy differant sizes and you just use as much as you need... i also dont know if its cheaper than splits kush a whole roll or hollow is like 5 bucks last me a few fishing trips too. But you hang both of the tag so if you snag up you can rip them off and not loss your hook and leader!!! I also make the tag with the leader so if the line ends up breaking at a not you will still get back your swivel.... when you dont got much cash every lil thing helps

P
PDXKush
youre prolly right on the hollow core. I was thinking more vs. slinkeys. But even then they may be cheaper than splits. I got a bag of 1000 splits @ this swap meet for 10.00. so it seemed like a deal. Anyway, when are we going fishing again tom?

Y
youngbuck307
This sat ill be with alex at prescott you should come!!!! and dude thats a kick ass deal on the splits were was this swap meet at next time your going to go let me know if i have cash ill tag along!!!

P
PDXKush
ya its in the St.Johns area. They are all diff sizes but work well. Ill let you know. As for Saturday, I'll try and make it.

Y
youngbuck307
ok dude would be nice to get some more off members out there beside use 4 that go normaly... The Nothing says they been doing pretty good out there

C
catphish
youngbuck307 said:
ok dude would be nice to get some more off members out there beside use 4 that go normaly... The Nothing says they been doing pretty good out there

Guys, you talking about Prescott beach in Rainier? Like hour away? Never been there, but wouldnt you need a plunker there? Unless your only working 15-20' casts, i guess. I dont own a sturg type rod, biggest I have is my steelies at 8'6" baitcast, and a 10'6' spinner for my handicap pops. Not sure you want me there, unless one of you carrying a gun to kill this skunk following me.

Y
youngbuck307
lthats the one! lol ill kill yours if you kill mine!!!!! but yea thats the one. and ill put it this way if you think you can toss out a 8oz pyramid umm at least 30 yards you will do fine!! i go with a 8 foot surf pool rated ro 1/2-1 1\2oz it worked.... people kinda looked at me funny but who gives a crap about what they think..... but just make sure you can cast straight.....people get all pissy if you cross them. but last part is we will be almost at the end (not all the way you have to cast like way out if you fish from there) but like 2 fire pits from the last one