Newbie to the forum

Slo

Hello all,

Newbie to the forum here, not so much to fishing - but always looking for new tips and tricks to improve my skills. Born and raised overseas (military), so had to learn how to fish NW style, after I moved to Oregon in the late 70's. Cut my teeth steelhead/salmon fishing the Sandy and Clack. Trout fished Roslyn Lake, when it was still there, as well as all the little lakes across Mt Hood and over to Century Drive and up to Newberry Crater.

Lately, been getting the itch to try surf perch fishing the coast, and some rock fishing along the jetties - especially after watching some of PK Yi's videos.

Anyway, thanks in advance for all welcomes. I look forward to learning more from you all, as well as sharing what I can with you.

Thanks again,
Slo

Slo

Thank you, thank you. And to be honest, I can't wait to post some fish reports. At least then I'll know that I finally got away and went fishing.

troutdude

Welcome to the forum Slo. Glad you have ya. Will look forward, to your threads, posts, n' pics.

Slo

Thanks again. Looking forward to trying out a couple new rods and reels I just bought, so hopefully will have something to brag....errrrr....post about soon .

Fishnsleep

I loved fishing Roslyn Lake, they put some nice trout in there, before they drained it. Always thought it would be fun to go there with a metal detector and see if
any treasures were left behind. Welcome to the forum!

Slo

Fishnsleep;n611422 said:
I loved fishing Roslyn Lake, they put some nice trout in there, before they drained it. Always thought it would be fun to go there with a metal detector and see if
any treasures were left behind. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks. I thought about that, too. Not sure what kind of treasures would be available, but I know I lost a few stringers over the side of my raft a few times. Lots of hardware (spinners, terminal tackle, etc) in there, too. But I'm sure folks that were out there on float tubes, air mattresses, etc. could have lost jewelry, electronic devices, etc., too.

Fun memories from there, I hooked a couple stray steelhead that possibly came in through the inlet, or perhaps they were brooders that got stocked. Also hooked a few bass, that were 'transplanted' in there. Nothing too big, but when you have ultralight trout gear, a half pound bucket mouth sure feels a whole lot bigger.