Newberg area

I
itsyaboymoi
Hello just moved to Newberg recently from Eastern Oregon (Milton Freewater)

Just wanted to see what info I can get on fishing spots around the Yamhill valley here in Newberg for Trout/Bass?

Any info greatly appreciated, thanks!

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to this side of the state.

Yamhill Locks (Park) has produced many different varieties of species over the years. Both coldwater and warmwater finned creatures can be had. Give it a go--it's practically in your back yard. It's just a hop to the SW of Newberg...between Dayton & Lafayette.

Reactions: itsyaboymoi
F
frontierhistorian
Hagg Lake is just 30 minutes away. It's stocked for trout and also serves as a good warm-water fishery (or so I hear -- I only fish for trout). you need a Washington county park permit. You can buy a one-day at the kiosk when you enter or an annual at the market just down the road from the entrance. I only fish from the shore, and lots of people do, but fishing from a boat is also very popular and their are two boat ramps.

Reactions: itsyaboymoi and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
frontierhistorian said:
It's stocked for trout and also serves as a good warm-water fishery (or so I hear -- I only fish for trout).
Hagg has pumped out state smallie records.

Reactions: itsyaboymoi
Admin
Admin
Reactions: troutdude
I
itsyaboymoi
pretty good. Hagg lake had its trout, got some there and bass at Locks park. Then some catfish and bass at the bridge at St Paul.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin