New

LastCast619

Hey everyone ??. Just moved to the area from Cali. Hoping to get some bass action. Any word on how the bites been at Henry hagg? Thanks.

troutdude

Welcome to Oregon and to OFF. Glad you have ya. Be sure and share your stories and post some pics.

@bass have you been to Hagg yet?

bass

I went on Saturday and will write up a report this week. I will say that the fishing (for boaters at least) was insane. I caught 47 trout with about 1/2 dozen in the 14" range and one 18" fish. It was hard to have two rods in the water (I have the two rod endorsement). Just crazy good. In the morning the fish seemed to be bunched a little tighter. I would just troll from one school of risers to another. Late in the day when the wind calmed down you could see massive areas of rising trout - I mean like hundreds of yards in each direction.

I spent the day between boat ramp A and the dam. I was going to head down to ramp C but they were biting so well I never made it.

Also, the most important thing, make sure you stop by the Lakestop store on the way home to get some fried chicken. It is the best I have had in Oregon!

troutdude

I spent the day between boat ramp A and the dam.

Also, the most important thing, make sure you stop by the Lakestop store on the way home to get some fried chicken. It is the best I have had in Oregon!
Ditto...on both counts! Plus the owners of the Lakestop store are awesome. They have been there for 40 years, or more, I believe. Plus they can weigh your biggun's for ya!