New website

OnTheDrop

Hey guys/gals, hope everyone’s winter is going better than mine! Ha

It’s been a rough start to Steelhead season for me, due to some extremely volatile water conditions. I’ve got 9-10 trips in, and cancelled around 13.

The bummer part is when the rivers have been fishing and not blown out, it’s been really good...

Silver lining of it all would be that it’s enabled me to get caught up on other parts of my business, like my website.

Check it out: www.tannersguideservice.com

I’m sure there’s some cameos from some members.

Anyways, looks like the weather is going to give us a break soon, and fishing should be good once again. I still have plenty of seats this Winter, so if you’re interested get ahold of me. See ya out there!

Cheers,
Tanner

rogerdodger

Most Featured

weather has been messing with fishing up and down the coast, let's hope things smooth out a bit now...

jamisonace

Great site Tanner. I know this is unsolicited advice so take it for what it's worth but I have more client's with sites on page one than any other digital ad rep in Southern Oregon. I'm not an expert at site design or coding but I've picked up a few things over the last 15 years.

Ask your designer to do a couple things:
1. Get a security certificate. They cost a little money but Google will give you preference over sites that are not secure.
2. Rewrite your titles and description on every page. Have a separate page for each river. Google looks for web pages not websites.
Title: What you do and where you do it. Example: Steelhead and Salmon Guide Service on the Wilson River
Desc: Tanner's Guide Service offers world class Salmon and Steelhead fishing on the Wilson River in Northwest Oregon.
3. Add video content. Professional is not necessary but link to something on youtube.
4. Check out a company called YEXT and get your Name, Address and Phone number managed by them. Again, costs money but worth it.
5. Update your content at least once a month. The more often the better.
6. Never hesitate to ask me for free advice. I'm always willing to help.

Ask your designer if he is familiar with SCHEMA. It defines all the content on your site so the search engines don't have to guess. If he is able to SCHEMA tag your content, you should have him do it.

I hope some of this helps.

OnTheDrop

Great site Tanner. I know this is unsolicited advice so take it for what it's worth but I have more client's with sites on page one than any other digital ad rep in Southern Oregon. I'm not an expert at site design or coding but I've picked up a few things over the last 15 years.

Ask your designer to do a couple things:
1. Get a security certificate. They cost a little money but Google will give you preference over sites that are not secure.
2. Rewrite your titles and description on every page. Have a separate page for each river. Google looks for web pages not websites.
Title: What you do and where you do it. Example: Steelhead and Salmon Guide Service on the Wilson River
Desc: Tanner's Guide Service offers world class Salmon and Steelhead fishing on the Wilson River in Northwest Oregon.
3. Add video content. Professional is not necessary but link to something on youtube.
4. Check out a company called YEXT and get your Name, Address and Phone number managed by them. Again, costs money but worth it.
5. Update your content at least once a month. The more often the better.
6. Never hesitate to ask me for free advice. I'm always willing to help.

Ask your designer if he is familiar with SCHEMA. It defines all the content on your site so the search engines don't have to guess. If he is able to SCHEMA tag your content, you should have him do it.

I hope some of this helps.
Very kind of you, Jamie!

Top Bottom