New way to plug cut herring for springers

J
JeannaJigs
The fishing was slow on the Columbia today. Very. Very slow. My day began at 2:00 am and by 7:30 my ADD could barely handle the boredom of trolling. Thankfully it was an amazing day weather wise (I even got sunburnt!). By about 10 I was going nuts. I had already prepared enough bait for five passes and my mind was wandering to ways to raise money for my breast cancer fundraising. At this point I was temporarily out of my mind while I had a herring in my hand and said id eat it if people would give me money towards my fundraising. I posted it on that evil thing they call Facebook and got a few texts from friends saying DO IT. that they would give me funds. Well, Andy is my witness, I tried. I bit it's head off and thats when scales went down my throat like popcorn kernel things and I couldnt do it lol.

Ive regained my sanity and will not be eating anymore bait. I did however raise $75 and Andy rewarded my insanity with a beer.

febceaad.jpg

C
ChezJfrey
LOL!

You certainly did go off the deep end out there on the C today.

Glad you made it back to us with that wonderful story and photo!

J
JeannaJigs
Lol no doubt. There's video too...but oh man it's embarrassing lol

troutdude
troutdude
Hey, it looks like a great day to me.

1. You tried a new variety of sushi.
2. You raised $$ for a great cause.
3. You had some bait that truly looked wounded.
4. You had something to wash down the popcorn kernel thingys.

R
RunWithSasquatch
haha you're killin' me. I could just imagine what its like having a herring head in my mouth with its guts hanging over my lip... mmm

L
lilsalmon
I thought you were just kiddin when you texted me the pic....don't be biting the heads OFF my flies in the morning....get the scales out before we get to your place...:D Now I know what you meant by gettin the "fishin filth" off ya. See ya in a few hours...shipoopy, i better get to bed

J
JeannaJigs
RunWithSasquatch said:
haha you're killin' me. I could just imagine what its like having a herring head in my mouth with its guts hanging over my lip... mmm

Haha it's TERRIBLE. Immediate gag-age I was concerned that I'd have a problem with the crunchy skull and spine...but that was fine. It was the slimy texture combined with the squishiness and the damn scales. I don't recommend it. I thought it couldnt be worse than a live sandshrimp...but I was terribly mistaken.

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
I thought you were just kiddin when you texted me the pic....don't be biting the heads OFF my flies in the morning....get the scales out before we get to your place...:D Now I know what you meant by gettin the "fishin filth" off ya. See ya in a few hours...shipoopy, i better get to bed

Haha I was deadly serious. I was super eager to get home to my listerine. I am glad we are fly fishing in the AM because I don't think I can look at bait for a while.

J
JeannaJigs
I spontaneously woke up and got bored...collected some stills from the video. (that will never see the light of day haha. Andy and his maniacal laugh)

56af5e4b.jpg
08c20eed.jpg
4e8124d0.jpg
2f8337a8.jpg
b24cd7b3.jpg

M
metalfisher76
:clap::clap::clap::lol::lol::lol:
She said "I don`t recommend it". :lol::lol::lol:
I mean sounds delish! Crunchy and chewy, slimy and scaley. Hersheys makes that don`t they?:D

J
John B
OMG Jeanna, You just made an old Marine almost puke his morning coffee.

O
OnTheFly
Ozzy Osbourne would be proud.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Lmao!!!

M
mgdguy
Awesome :lol: The pics make it!

G
GDBrown
And I thought Jeanna was almost back to normal after all her mishaps this past year. Now we know what the drugs did to her!!! LOL

I can attest to what ADD does to a person, that's why I have two boats and 15 plus rods and reels.

Jeanna, take the meds just before you get on the water that way they won't wear OFF before the day is over!

GD

J
JeannaJigs
John B said:
OMG Jeanna, You just made an old Marine almost puke his morning coffee.

Bahaha.

I thought I'd never stop gagging.

I think my problem is not what the drugs did to me, but what happens when I'm not on anything lol. That little herring raised $130 so it was worth it. But I will not be able to so much as handle another herring for a long time.

O
OnTheFly
I've got a little more to add here Jeanna. The first time I tried sushi, I was under the influence of multiple beers. I think you should have killed the rest of Andy's half rack before you attempted that stunt.

J
JeannaJigs
Andy didn't even have any beers in the boat! Was a first I think. We went to 7-11 immediately and beer, redbull, and super peppered jerky was procured. I had a bottle of water on hand that I was gonna wash it down with...but the scales! I didn't want to swallow more scales!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Was a classic moment. something to tell the grand kids about. The video is awesome and needs to be shared.

Reactions: OnTheFly
J
JeannaJigs
Lol the video is not awesome. I don't think it needs to be shared. The pictures are enough lol