New to the area

Jrwillie

Hey all, just moved to Springfield/eugene area and looking to do some fishing, have messed around with some trout fishing but really miss bass, any good areas around here to fish from the bank for bass or any creeks? Thanks in advance

plumbertom

Welcome and Keep a check on this site.
You'll find plenty of others with info to share and to share what you learn with.
You may even find a open seat from time to time with others who pursue bass.

troutdude

Boom jiggity jig! Great and very helpful replies @69198!

I would also add, to the published ODFW list, Alton Baker Canal. More specially the "radio antenna" pond which ABC runs through. Which is behind Autzen stadium. (Not easy for a Beaver to admit having fished there...lol)

Good luck, tight lines, and let us know how you do. Be sure to include pics.

PursuitFishing

Hey all, just moved to Springfield/eugene area and looking to do some fishing, have messed around with some trout fishing but really miss bass, any good areas around here to fish from the bank for bass or any creeks? Thanks in advance
There are some ponds in town where you can chase bass. You won't generally find quantity, but you can catch them. Delta Ponds and Golden Garden ponds still have bass, and they are easy to access. If you head up I5 North a few miles, you can fish Bond Butte pond. Again, probably not quantity, but Bond Butte has decent size fish. I've pulled many 2-3 lbs out of it. It does get a fair amount of pressure though.

If you want to drive further, go an hour south and fish the Umpqua in the summer. There are gazillions of smallmouth in that river. You'll catch a lot of dinks, but also some 2-4 pounders occasionally with the rare chance at a monster smallie. The river is absolutely beautiful. It's very clear, so you often get to sight fish even when they are not on beds. Bring the Nedrig in natural colors and enjoy. Honestly it's rare that a trip there yields less than 20 fish.

Here is a vid of fishing that river. I have a bunch of vids of Umpqua fishing on my channel if you want to check it out.

NKlamerus

Just a heads up I walked all the way to the end of Bon Butte Pond today, it is possible but holy moly is it flooded.

2 guys out on a bass tracker but didn't see them catch anything, I wasn't either and called it when the rain was creeping in.