New to OR, no boat, on a budget!

F
Fishing Ham
That is what I like about you Roger because you give some clarity to issues. Just an old retired pensioner and try to do the right thing. I seem to fit your second interpretation and don't have any Oregon income. Thanks for the info.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Fishing Ham said:
That is what I like about you Roger because you give some clarity to issues. Just an old retired pensioner and try to do the right thing. I seem to fit your second interpretation and don't have any Oregon income. Thanks for the info.

:thumb:

N
NWnathan1981
One more thing to check into before keeping any fish is the water quality you get the fish out of. While some may disagree with this, the Willamette is not safe in my option to eat fish out of. While you might eat them your whole life and be ok, for me knowing what dumps into that river I toss everything back. I love fishing on it, there is a HUGE amount of fish you can catch and it can be very fun, just a word of advise. And welcome to our awesome state.

troutdude
troutdude
I've lived near the Willy, for a few decades. That has always been, my train of thought too. However, Salmon and Steel are only in the river system--for a mere pittance of their life span. So perhaps, there is an exception to the rule? Just some food, for thought...

N
NWnathan1981
Troutdude, I have had the same talk with a buddy of mine many times, we both wondered the same thing, although most the time I fish for catfish or bass myself. I never had any luck with salmon or steelies down in the lower 48. Although ocean going fish bring their own whole slew of health concerns but we all know that I think. Proper cooking and moderation are always good rules to live by in my option. :thumb:

troutdude
troutdude
NWnathan1981 said:
Proper cooking and moderation are always good rules to live by in my option. :thumb:

A truism; across the board of life.

C
ChezJfrey
coyo7e said:
Ahh thanks. I haven't been to a mall in years, and have certainly never used them as landmarks. ;)

I think my wife might use them as landmarks. ;)

Not too familiar with the best bass areas, but if the OP soon wanders to the dark side of steelhead fishing and find themselves never looking back, I will pitch in my two cents :)