New to Columbia River area

OREGON FISHING FORUM

Perry_Heenus

Hey everyone. Just moved here a few weeks ago right when the whole quarantine thing went down. I've bounced all over the place fishing. From Nevada to Hawaii and lived in Coos Bay for about 4 years doing a lot of Salmon Fishing. Now that I'm up in the Portland Vancouver area, I'm just looking for some new local friends to show me some good spots and show me the local tricks and rules. I'm curious how the River works along the border with WA and Oregon. I live in Vancouver. Will a local license be good for the Columbia? Back in Tahoe you could use either California or Nevada, but I know every place is different.

Attachments

troutdude

Welcome to OFF. An Oregon license will let you fish the Big C; but don't forget to also get the Columbia River Basin Endorsement.

And I believe that until the virus thing is over; the Big C is closed all fishing. However you could fish the Willy, I believe in the meantime. But check the reg book first.

Perry_Heenus

Welcome to OFF. An Oregon license will let you fish the Big C; but don't forget to also get the Columbia River Basin Endorsement.

And I believe that until the virus thing is over; the Big C is closed all fishing. However you could fish the Willy, I believe in the meantime. But check the reg book first.
Yeah I figured as much for the time being. I just wanted to get a good head start. I shoulda stuck to the Oregon side of the river I guess. I just really didn't want to pay state income tax again after getting raked in California for the last 18 Months. Man didn't realize how easy getting deer tags was up here. Nevada you're lucky to get one every two years on a raffle.

Top Bottom