New steelhead rod

Casting Call
Casting Call
good luck Tony

Grant22
Grant22
I got my combo today and It is a buzz Ramsey air rod (was on sale) 9’6” medium power 8-12lb line rating 3/8-1oz lure weight. I paired it with a okuma ceymar c40 and 30lb tuff line. Again, thanks for the help everyone!

Reactions: Admin
Admin
Admin
Grant22 said:
I got my combo today and It is a buzz Ramsey air rod (was on sale) 9’6” medium power 8-12lb line rating 3/8-1oz lure weight. I paired it with a okuma ceymar c40 and 30lb tuff line. Again, thanks for the help everyone!

I bet you're itching to hook a giant summer. )

Grant22
Grant22
Anatoliy said:
I bet you're itching to hook a giant summer. )

You bet [emoji1690]

Reactions: Admin
Casting Call
Casting Call
Nice bug wand. Let us know you do. Most of all stay safe and be careful. Tony

Reactions: Grant22
Grant22
Grant22
Thanks, I will

Casting Call
Casting Call
Remember to stay safe. Tony

Last edited:
Reactions: Grant22
Casting Call
Casting Call
URW

sambone
sambone
Im fairly new to steelhead fishing and am looking to upgrade my rod and reel setup to something nicer. Been using a 40 dollar combo from bi mart and its pretty bad. Im looking at the guide select pro rod in either a 6-12 pound ML or 8-17 pound M setup. What line rating and rod length do you guys think would be best for an all around spinner/bobber/drift fishing rig? I would like the ML if it doesn't make too much of a difference because i think it would be more fun. Also open to other suggestions if you guys have any. The guide select pro seems like its impossible to find here where i live in Eugene, might have to drive up to Albany to get one.

Artwo
Artwo
I've been a big Guide Select Pro user for a number of years now and really like how they perform. I currently use the GSP-S-992ML, 6-12, ML for bobber/jig, bobber-dogging beads, bobber/bait for steelhead. For the price point, I think they are one of the best value rods out there........

freednog
freednog
I'm fairly frugal and if you're hoping to do all those things, I'd suggest getting two cheaper (though good) rods instead. I've been fairly happy with my Berkeley IM8 Air rods, but recently started using a Lamiglass X11 and a Shimano Clarus. I think I prefer the Clarus for it's sensitivity.

Reactions: Aervax
sambone
sambone
freednog said:
I'm fairly frugal and if you're hoping to do all those things, I'd suggest getting two cheaper (though good) rods instead. I've been fairly happy with my Berkeley IM8 Air rods, but recently started using a Lamiglass X11 and a Shimano Clarus. I think I prefer the Clarus for it's sensitivity.
yeah ive been looking at the x11 because they have a few of them at my local bi mart right now for only 80 bucks. i think i might just get a 8-12 lb 9'6" x11 and maybe a little 7 foot ultralight celilo trout rod instead of just going with a more expensive steelhead rod. seems like a good deal

freednog
freednog
sambone said:
yeah ive been looking at the x11 because they have a few of them at my local bi mart right now for only 80 bucks. i think i might just get a 8-12 lb 9'6" x11 and maybe a little 7 foot ultralight celilo trout rod instead of just going with a more expensive steelhead rod. seems like a good deal
One downside to the X11 is that the color of the rod, while lovely on its own, is quite similar to the red, leafless branches of dogwoods and other riverbank shrubs. I thought I lost mine last weekend but it was just blending in really well.