Ascend 128X

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Talk about stability!

This is where I really wish the kayak was wider, but I can definitely stand and cast, not sure about setting the hook on a frog fish though

Going to look into some leaning post options, maybe a rope for now
59cc01ea9965e84d63abdbdd3b8fef44.jpg

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Umbrella rigged on the kayak seat

Pretty nice for these 90 degree days!
5cd439d00a6d0b471f2a74611a213eb7.jpg

Reactions: Admin
fromthelogo
fromthelogo
Now you need to get a fan mounted on the bow blowing back into your face!

Reactions: Admin and NKlamerus
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
I have kayaked with my cordless DeWalt lol

Really comes in handy when the wind dies and the bugs start swarming!
a53ccdfe2e3740992dd3889f23788c1f.jpg

Reactions: Admin and fromthelogo
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
I did find an extension, but I'm going to switch black to a plate with an added funnel
5a7ac80b38b78caaf4be10a6264f2f4e.jpg
b3c0eab4e0e3e4a1383af607f8cca8d3.jpg

Reactions: fromthelogo
B
Brian Yemen
Thanks for posting…..just bought mine yesterday…..excited to start

Reactions: NKlamerus
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Brian Yemen said:
Thanks for posting…..just bought mine yesterday…..excited to start
What'd you go with?

Idk id I mentioned it above, but make sure you check the square nuts used to hold the latch cover on. All mine were loose

Did yours come with any yakpower module?

B
Brian Yemen
I am definitely gonna check and seal it up. It has been hard to find info on this specific model. Mine did come pre wired with yak power…not sure if I will really use but like the idea

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Brian Yemen said:
I am definitely gonna check and seal it up. It has been hard to find info on this specific model. Mine did come pre wired with yak power…not sure if I will really use but like the idea
Mine came prewired as well, but I noticed in the floor model at Cabela's that everything was plugged into a module in the hull under the hatch?

Mine was just cord ends I believe

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
So I did try the anchor and funnel, and it was an epic fail

I guess I'm dropping the anchor too fast, and the funnel just slid up the rope. Caught just as many weeds as usual

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Well, she lasted from May 8th to Sept 25th.....

Not built for "corn fed" boys

Already got Cabela's to exchange it with a brand new one, going to sell it and switch to pedal drive. Just need to decide on a brand

The nucanoe unlimited looks nice, pa12 of course, old town, or native
e127fe8edbebe6b14e7942530c620ee2.jpg

fromthelogo
fromthelogo
You have posted pics of a lot of fish caught in that yak. I hope you are as successful in the new one.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
They both treated me pretty good, the plastic in both of them have just been a constant worry on the water.

I would so much rather a company add 15-20lbs of plastic and make sure it lasts

I'm really tempted to go with a NuCanoe but I've seen a few instances of deck flex on them as well, but their customer service is absolutely one of the best from what I've seen. They also provide free parts for lifetime

But the cost with the pedal drive is almost a Hobie PA, which is tried and true for sure.

bass
bass
I would also look at the Old Town PDL 120 drive. My buddy has the Old Town and it seems really nice and you seem to get more for your money. IT has a 500lb capacity so I think it fits the bill on sturdiness. He sits up higher than I do in Outback (I know you are talking PA but I can only compare to my Outback) and it seems a lot easier to stand in. I have had 2 Hobies so I clearly like their products but that PDL 120 looks really sweet.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
I have a buddy that fishes out of one as well, going to pick his brain a bit.

He's only got 2-3 months with it, just like everything else I think there was supply issues originally

Oldhammer
Oldhammer
x2 old town pdl. They can be a challenge to get you hands on but so worth the wait….American made, lifetime hull, 5yr on the drive, and amazing customer service. Salty, Topwater, Bigwater are all awesome with pros and cons beyond the different price points. As a bass fisherman I think the instant reverse would be a high priority for you. Enjoy the search….dreaming is half the fun!

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Dealing with that now lol!

I keep coming back to old town, I just wish they were a little more open design. I'd feel more comfortable in something atleast 12' which really narrows down the search

For the price of some of the pedal drives you can easily get a xi3 trolling motor and battery.

Spot lock would be incredible