New here!

OREGON FISHING FORUM

Metolius

Hi all,

Ive occasionally browsed through these forums but new member. Just bought a used little 12foot boat that I’ve been restoring these last few weeks. Once it’s done, I plan on hitting the Willamette near independence / Buena Vista hard. Probably will go up to hang, Green Peter and Detroit too a bit. Always been a bank fisher, and mostly fly fishing. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to being in a boat and hopefully stay dry!

bass

Most Featured
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to some reports.

What type of boat did you get? Any pics?

Metolius

A Kalamath Trailerboat. Not sure if the year, 70’s? It’s riveted, in somewhat decent shape. I Got it off of CL for $200 with a 4.5mercury and a 2.5 Tohatsu that both fired up 2nd pull. Widow was getting ready of husbands stuff.

Just got done using Totalboat epoxy on all the seems and rivets and just put the first coat of totalboat marine paint. New benches soon.

Attachments

bass

Most Featured
Sounds like you have it under control though. Hard to tell from the small pic if it was the before or after :)

troutdude

Welcome to OFF.

This time of year you can catch 'bows and kokes flat lining the surface, of GP. For Foster go right down the middle with Green n' Black Wedding Rings, tipped with a bit of a night crawler.

P.S. It's best to hit GP EARLY on any given day; if you don't already know that. You can just about set your watch to strong winds that typically begin to blow about 9:30 a.m. It's a relatively rare day that the wind won't beat a small craft to death out there.

Irishrover

Most Featured
Welcome aboard. That boat has Diamond Lake written all over it! It would also be great up in some of the Cascade lakes. Nice find.

Metolius

Welcome to OFF.

This time of year you can catch 'bows and kokes flat lining the surface, of GP. For Foster go right down the middle with Green n' Black Wedding Rings, tipped with a bit of a night crawler.

P.S. It's best to hit GP EARLY on any given day; if you don't already know that. You can just about set your watch to strong winds that typically begin to blow about 9:30 a.m. It's a relatively rare day that the wind won't beat a small craft to death out there.
I’ve never been there, just have driven by. So that’s good info!

troutdude

You're very welcome @Metolius.

By the way I never use less than 8lb. mono main line, and no less than 6lb. leader at GP. There are some serious lunker sized Chinokanee in that water too. I'm talking 10 pounds plus! You wouldn't want to lose a monster like that, due to wimpy/light line.

Top Bottom