New garbage hole??!!! Eagle?!

M
metalfisher76
What`s the deal at the hatchery people?? I dragged a raincoat, pants, a 6 pack of Kokanee(empty:mad:), gaterade bottle and enough crap to fill mine and my dads backpacks. That place is a treasure man, especially this time of year. Leaves falling, salmon spawning, steelies slurping their eggs and just the beauty of the fog rolling through the canyon is something I will soak up as long as my knees will let me. You guys can pack all that crap down, MAN UP!! and pack it out!!!! Let me come over and hold a garbage bag over your head. That`s what it would be like if that coat or pants would wash into a fish. Suffocation. That sucked seeing all that, I`m going back today. If nothin else to laugh at dudes keeping the nastiest coho (snagged) and then to pick up after them like I do my 5 year old!!

I know this has been talked about (to death maybe) but man:confused:.

R
rainman
metalfisher76 said:
What`s the deal at the hatchery people?? I dragged a raincoat, pants, a 6 pack of Kokanee(empty:mad:), gaterade bottle and enough crap to fill mine and my dads backpacks. That place is a treasure man, especially this time of year. Leaves falling, salmon spawning, steelies slurping their eggs and just the beauty of the fog rolling through the canyon is something I will soak up as long as my knees will let me. You guys can pack all that crap down, MAN UP!! and pack it out!!!! Let me come over and hold a garbage bag over your head. That`s what it would be like if that coat or pants would wash into a fish. Suffocation. That sucked seeing all that, I`m going back today. If nothin else to laugh at dudes keeping the nastiest coho (snagged) and then to pick up after them like I do my 5 year old!!

I know this has been talked about (to death maybe) but man:confused:.

Love your attitude. I usually take a garbage bag with me and do a bit of policing meself. I observe The Campers Code: take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

M
metalfisher76
rainman said:
Love your attitude. I usually take a garbage bag with me and do a bit of policing meself. I observe The Campers Code: take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

It`s so easy it baffles me. Pack it in, Pack it out, is what we would say @ elk camp. But pics and footprints is a great one too.

J
jathrtn
Got to say i agree with you metal fisher 76. that is bunch of BS that ppl go to places and leave their trash laying around. you will find the same thing at cedar creek on the sandy river. PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT! and then ppl wounder why places get closed down for the rest of us who are trying to have fun.

A
alm21
My daughter and I went to EC for our first time recently and that was one of the first things she (we) noticed. I really don't understand why people make the effort of packing crap in that they don't intend to take out. Of course, I never get to catch someone in the act because that is one of the things that really pisses me off. It's shameful to look at the river in that condition and look at my daughter and think "this is what we are leaving as a legacy for our kids". :naughty:

J
jathrtn
The funny thing is that the same ppl that leave their garbage on the river are the same ppl that cry and whine when the places get closed to angling b/c of that reason!

T
tnffishman
:naughty:this stuff is ridiculous up there. I only went down into the hatchery canyon twice this year and both times came out with my vest pockets stuffed with bottles, cans and wrappers from pigs who can't pick up there trash.

There was even a garbage bag at most holes, but that is ridiculous and lazy. Pack it in, pack it out. Don't think by putting a plastic bag on the ground, throwing trash in it, and leaving is any better. Who is gonna carry it out?

Sorry I am whining about this but I fear that our days fishing up high on the Eagle will be coming to an end very soon if we don't do something about the trash people.:naughty::mad::confused::rolleyes::(

G
Growbug
I am sorry to say that the best way to deal with it is for the conciencious people to police the site, and sometimes have to do the clear up.
There are people who really dont care. You can talk to them, educate them, show them, and beat it into their heads; but next time they go out, they trash again, or worse.

My wife just said to think of it as community service :):)

J
jathrtn
Pack it in, pack it out!

Pack it in, pack it out!

UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS JUST THE WAY SOME PPL ARE. NOT EVERYONE HAS THIS KIND OF ATTITUDE. ITS MOSTLY THE DRUNK PUNKS THAT ARE GOING OUT THERE AND LEAVING TRASH BEHIND BECAUSE THEY DONT CARE, OR THEIR MOMMYS AND DADDYS HAVE BEEN CLEANING UP AFTER THEM SO THEY ARE USED TO IT. I JUST WISH I COULD CATCH ONE OF THESE GUYS IN THE ACT OF TRASHING BECAUSE WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE THEY WOULD BE CLEANING THEIR ****!:mad:

:cool: FISH ON!

M
metalfisher76
It is sad! It`s always coho season? This year is by far the worst I`ve seen it. I meam think about where that garbage bag 5` up the bank is gonna end up when it rains good. Prolly in a winter steelheads face.
If "we" ever catch one of `em, instead of saying something, just follow them home. Commense littering! Prolly already a s!&t hole, never mind just report their license plate#. Chances are they were snaggin too! PUNKS!!

F
fishtales
They had the same thing in Anchorage but it was a lake dba beer can lake. Well people got tired of the mess and they drained it.
It is kind of a shame that a few can ruin it for the rest of us. I have never fished where your talking but know all to well of the problem.

F
fishtales
They probably will stop letting people in to fish or they will set up a day use fee. I'm tempted to put up a sign saying "do not dump this area is being monitored" and make up a city ordinance to put at the bottom to make it look official.

M
metalfisher76
fishtales said:
They probably will stop letting people in to fish or they will set up a day use fee. I'm tempted to put up a sign saying "do not dump this area is being monitored" and make up a city ordinance to put at the bottom to make it look official.

That WAS a good idea, then ya posted it.:) I think if the ones of us who care keep pickin up after the kids, we should be o.k.

F
fishtales
The thing is we should all be able to help keep it clean. Yeah it was a terible idea but i'm sure there are othere ways to get this.

M
metalfisher76
fishtales said:
The thing is we should all be able to help keep it clean. Yeah it was a terible idea but i'm sure there are othere ways to get this.

Yep they SUCK!!

E
EastCountyRookie
Garbage

Garbage

Thats insane because I used to go up there in the snow for winter steelhead and never saw trash, but that was about 6 or 8 years ago and now it looks like cedar creek, thats insane. I couldn't imagine the pristine beauty of a wo nderful creek like that so far away from society turning into another cedar creek. I do believe that the internet probably has a lot to do with it. Before these internet fishing forums no one really knew when the river were hot and not. I do believe that we as a honest community should not post the most pristine country that we know about on these sites because not only do we ruin it for ourselves but for our children in the future. Thanx for listening Steve!!!:pray:

Reactions: n8r1
M
metalfisher76
EastCountyRookie said:
Thats insane because I used to go up there in the snow for winter steelhead and never saw trash, but that was about 6 or 8 years ago and now it looks like cedar creek, thats insane. I couldn't imagine the pristine beauty of a wo nderful creek like that so far away from society turning into another cedar creek. I do believe that the internet probably has a lot to do with it. Before these internet fishing forums no one really knew when the river were hot and not. I do believe that we as a honest community should not post the most pristine country that we know about on these sites because not only do we ruin it for ourselves but for our children in the future. Thanx for listening Steve!!!:pray:

Here, here. It only seems to get that bad for coho? To cold for the maggots in the winter. There are plenty of places I will never tell about. O gotta go!!! SRC`S and early steel have been spotted!!!!:dance: No hook ups yet, but man dat be some serious chrome. I do a sort of happy it`s so early, awww man!! he didn`t hit type of jig when they swim by.:yay:

L
lilsalmon
I went to Eagle Creek for the first time today....Beautiful!!!! I noticed a plastic bag hung on a stump for trash.....I proceeded to pick up the beer cans and Wendy's trash and walk the 10 steps to the stump....slobs **** me off and I wish I could catch just one.

I am going back for sure its a great spot and we had a wonderful day with no rain....:dance:

Got skunked but it was great....

B
bigfootfish
If you liked JCP, you might like Huddleston Pond

If you liked JCP, you might like Huddleston Pond

Huddleston Pond in Willamina might be worth checking out today or tomorrow. You never know.:think:

BFF

Top Bottom