New fly shop

O

OnTheFly

Cody and I decided to check out the new fly shop Royal Treatment Fly Fishing located in West Linn. This place is owned and operated by Joel La Follette who is not only highy knowledgeable in the sport of fly fishing but an outstanding individual as well. We must have talked for an hour. His shop has everything under the sun and well stocked. Best of all for me, he's only a stones throw away. Every Saturday he has fly tying demonstrtions from master fly tyers along with homemade cookies. I'm stoked, to say the least. :dance: Thanks Joel!!
www.royaltreatmentflyfishing.com
BTW, Check out the story of the 101 Skunk flies.

Last edited:
F

FishFinger

Yes, Joel is a wonderful guy and an amazing fly tier. Great to see him set up shop.

See ya on a Saturday real soon.

H

halibuthitman

it would have been nice if you could have nailed him down about those cookies...

O

OnTheFly

Sorry man. I know it would have made a difference.

O

OnTheFly

Oh very well...chocolate Chip.:D
I didn't get a chance to checkout the rods. Cody pretty much toured the store while Joel and I talked. It was almost closing time before we left. From what I noticed, he had a good display what ever they were. I'll be back there but I came primarily to fulfill a material list of fur and feathers.

O

OnTheFly

Thanks GZ. guess I got a little punchy with the keys.

Last edited:
M

markasd

I'd love to be able to confidently bid on the 101 Skunks... what a sweet collection.

B

bigsteel

good to hear i love small local businesses that treat there customers good.

M

meluvtrout

Oh very well...chocolate Chip.:D
I didn't get a chance to checkout the rods. Cody pretty much toured the store while Joel and I talked. It was almost closing time before we left. From what I noticed, he had a good display what ever they were. I'll be back there but I came primarily to fulfill a material list of fur and feathers.
So you know what kind of cookies he baked, but didn't even checkout the rods? Well, you can at least share how the cookies tasted. And how was the coffee?

M

Markcanby

Looks like he has Loomis,Scott an Winston.

O

OnTheFly

So you know what kind of cookies he baked, but didn't even checkout the rods? Well, you can at least share how the cookies tasted. And how was the coffee?
lol! i had a feeling I was gunna get flak from the cookie report.

My son had a chance to look around while Joel and I told stories. Cody noticed a top line of GLoomis. Nothing under 400 bucks. There may be cheaper ones.

M

Markcanby

I looked at the website an an He seems to be a mid-range fly shop. Rods start at 350$ an reels at 200$ He has a nice selection of lines an other gear I plan to go look at. If I dont buy it OFF EBAY.:lol::lol::lol:

brandon4455

brandon4455

I looked at the website an an He seems to be a mid-range fly shop. Rods start at 350$ an reels at 200$ He has a nice selection of lines an other gear I plan to go look at. If I dont buy it OFF EBAY.:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

G

GDBrown

He's got a great web site and the photo gallery is worth an hour at least. I think I'll be heading out that way next week, maybe Monday if he's open. My wife is home for the day Monday and want the house to herself! I guess if I can't fish then I'll do the next best thing, right.