New 'Coat It' drift boat bottom

C
Combat Chuck
Back when all the rivers were hitting flood stage, I decided to do some boat maintenance instead of house maintenance:D. My drift boat had an old gluv-it bottom that was cracking in spots. I used 2 cans of Coat-It because it was easily available at Bi-mart. My boat is only 12' so the more common 16' would need more. I started by using a 60 grit flapper disc and angle grinder. If possible, do this outside... the dust is VERY bad. I ended up taking a hose to the garage and it is still awful. After the grinding was done I wiped the boat with acetone and taped up the edges. Its not recommended to coat the boat in cold temps so I put a oil radiator type heater under it even with the mild temps. Another recommendation is that the coat-it is THICK. Its not easy to spread but works best with a flat edge... a paintbrush will be difficult. It took a while to fully harden but now slides very well... hope this helps.
6921189_n.jpg7573468_n.jpg

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
So you decided to not varnish over the paper... You could have been floating in true style my man.

D
DirectDrive
GraphiteZen said:
So you decided to not varnish over the paper... You could have been floating in true style my man.
:lol:

C
Combat Chuck
Im just waiting for the "tapout" drift boat graphic wraps to come out :)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
haha nice...