New boat!

M

mikeredding

Sold the Lily Pad a couple weeks ago and Picked up this boat yesterday.
1988 Blue Fin Sportsman 17' with an 1986 70 horse Johnson.
Needs a new water pump and new steering cable after I get it broke free from the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikeredding

Thanks. Already pulled the lower unit off and tore out the water pump. As soon as I get the steering tore down I can buy parts and get back together for the maiden voyage.

T

Thuggin4Life

Very nice! quite an upgrade from the lily pad. Someday I will get rid of my"lilypad" and get something similar to yours. Good step up until the next.

M

mikeredding

Thanks Andy. I picked it up on Craigslist for $1100. Just happened to show up the day after I sold my camper. Pretty lucky really.

K

kfallscody

Nice magic carpet! The hull looks to be in very good shape. Looks like ya got a good deal for sure! Stay safe and remember, wear your life jacket :). Yeah, I am a bit of a life jacket preacher, lol.

T

Thuggin4Life

Wow. Had I seen it I would have begged,borrowed, and stole to get it. Good luck with it.

Troutski

Troutski

Nice ride...

Nice ride...

Hey if you need someone to man the anchor or hold the keys for you while you back the trailer to the water...I am your man.
You are going to have some great stories with that magic carpet.:clap::clap::dance:

Chuck

M

mikeredding

Hey if you need someone to man the anchor or hold the keys for you while you back the trailer to the water...I am your man.
You are going to have some great stories with that magic carpet.:clap::clap::dance:

Chuck

Haha...thanks Chuck. I am excited to get it on the water. It will be quite the step up from my little 12' Lily Pad and I had a blast with that one. I can only imagine the memories ahead!

T

Thuggin4Life

Yeah same for me. If you want a guided trip at siltcoos this fall..... Or just a deckhand sometime locally for trout.....

H

Hawk

Congrats BRO, she is a Reel Beauty.

Eventually you might like to get a bowmount foot control trolling motor. I love the 50lb thrust MK i put on mine.

:D:D:D

:clap::clap::clap:

:cool::cool::cool:

M

mikeredding

Congrats BRO, she is a Reel Beauty.

Eventually you might like to get a bowmount foot control trolling motor. I love the 50lb thrust MK i put on mine.

:D:D:D

:clap::clap::clap:

:cool::cool::cool:

Yep, that's one of the things on my list!

M

mikeredding

I tore apart the steering today and was able to clean it up and put back together without buying any new parts. Wooohoooo.

T

Thuggin4Life

I would like to watch you do the water pump I might be doing one soon. I could also lend a hand if you needed 3 or four hands all of a sudden.

S

stream2.5

rusty tilt tube???? if you have any future problems with sticking or binding find a piece of round bar slightly smaller than the steering and wrap it with emory cloth and ream as needed to eliminate rusty build up. those cables are designed to be only lightly lubed... and FYI if it comes to replacement, i can get you any thing you need and for members its 10% off retail..

Top Bottom