New Bassmasters

B
Brokenrod
This is my nephew (holding the fish) and his friend. They caught this sweet 19" bass in a farm pond yesterday. They look a little serious, but I think its the just the let-down after the adrenaline rush was over. Oh yeah, the crazy thing is, they caught it on a crappie jig and 6lb line.:lol:

F
fletchall5
Now these boys..I mean men..Get a BIG BOOYAH from me!!!!! You mean 19lbs instead of 19"??? Only in my dreams...:yay:

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Good, Keep the Kids to Fishing, There snagged now.

C
cavdad45
Sweeet!!!

H
Hooked on fishin'
I wish I could catch a bass that big!! Great catch!!:lol:

N
ninja2010
wadda hawg! good on 'em.

J
JAYDEE
WOW nice fish!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great job guys!

Great job guys!

Brokenrod;
Great catch! They look like they are planning their next fishing trip with you,Unc. ;) What a rewarding way to spend a day and pass on the fishing gene. :dance: :lol:
Be safe.
Barb

F
fishgriller
WHAT FARM?!?!?!?!?!? i gotta go there haha

J
JTLunker
That is a PIG!

T
Troutier Bassier
There luky they even caught a Largie.

B
Brokenrod
Yeah they are lucky, but they spent a good 3 hours throwing everything they had before hooking this one fish. So it was some effort on their part and not a lucky first cast into an overloaded farm pond. They did a great job and made everyone proud.

H
Hawk
That might have been the biggest bass in this pond.

F
FishTastic
big bucket mouth! WOW! never seen a bass like that from Oregon! Nice job boys!

Reactions: Brokenrod
B
Brokenrod
You know I had thought of that, but I also thought what if that wasn't the biggest one in there.

F
FishTastic
yeah that's true, where there is one big pig there is usually another bigger hog! Makes a guy wonder what results might be had by putting a large 6-8" rubber trout in there?

T
Troutier Bassier
Those trout lure things Actually work?

F
FishTastic
you better believe they do! I bought one as a gimmick once in Northern California while bassin' with some friends. We go to the lake and I had that thing in my pocket, was about 8-9" long and looked and felt like a real trout, same thickness and all, had a large reflective inline spinner by its nose and a single jumbo treble that dropped out of its belly. So we get out on the water and we have the electric motor set to low and we were cruising parralell to the shore making our best pitches to the resident bass, we passed another bass boat and everyone in it was chuckin that rediculous trout lure identical to the one I bought and THEY were catching hogs! I cut my magnum wart off the line, jammed my hand in my coat pocket and quickly opened the trout lure and tied it on without being noticed by my friends. My first cast with that thing was awesome, I had a bass that was easily in the 5-6 pound range follow that lure right to the boat getting the attention of my friends. They pestered me all that day to let them take turns using my new lure. eventually when I was not looking they managed to get it from me. I must have cought a half dozen hogs that evening. I use it to this day at Ten Mile Lake and Hagg Lake in the peak of the summer. I see they now have the same lure in a perch pattern and I will get that one too.

T
Troutier Bassier
Okkkk, I need to use that lure, There is this small lake that has largemouth in it and i should try it out there, And Hagg Lake?! Ive never been there but thats where the Oregon Reord smallie was caught by a 16 Year old named Nick Rubeo, I talked to him on Myspace and he said he catches Largemouth and Smallmouth there on Super flukes and Drop shooting.

F
FishTastic
yeah, if you go to Hagg, drive along the dam and it will curve to the right, you will see a large gravel parking area and some people facing the dam wall fishing for trout, watch and see what happens when some one gets a trout on! while they reel in the trout do not take your eyes off of that live trout on the end of the line, you will see something strait out JAWS the movie!

Yeah I think the State record smallie has come from there more than once if I am remembering correctly.