New addition to the family!!!!!

S
Spydeyrch
Well, it finally happened. We have a new addition to the family. His name is John Andrew. :dance: Our third child (and last) was born on 04/19/2011. He was a big boy!! 9lbs 14 oz...... 2 more ounces and he would have been a 10lb baby!!! He is doing very well. He has grown an inch in 2 weeks and is now over 10lbs. My wife is doing wonderful and our two other kids (5 years & 3 years old) are just adoring him. Some times a little too much!! hahahahaha :lol: But at the same time we moved to a bigger place so that was incredibly stressful. Dealing with a newborn and a move. Not recommened!!! He is a beautiful baby and I am very lucky to have him in my life. I forget what it is like to have a newborn in the house. It is a wonderful experience and gives more value and meaning to life. It makes me want to be a better dad and a better husband. I want to make sure that he has at the very least the kind of life that my father gave to me and if I can do better, then that is where I am casting (pun intended, hehehe)

After all that new baby stuff, doctor's visits, hospitals, and moving, I think that it is about time for me to take a break and do some fishing. The wife even said that she wants me to go out and get some relaxation and do some fishing. You know you have a wonderful wife when she says that she wants you out of the house and wants you fishing. Oh, and no I did not get kicked out of the house due to anything on my part. She just wants to see me happy. Man I love my wife!!! :D

So I am trying to figure out where I am going to go fishing this Saturday. I think that I might head a little south to the Luckiamute or Little Luckiamute. Maybe go to the Santiam areas, or perhaps drive out to the Dechutes or Crooked River area. Although those last one might be too much of a drive for just a day trip. Any ideas?

-Spydey

Reactions: lilsalmon
J
JAFO
Congratulations!!! Take advantage of her offer while you can!!! Go fishin man!!!!!

L
lilsalmon
Congratulations!!!!!! Now go fishin

brandon4455
brandon4455
congrats bro. looks like you got a new little fishing buddy eh? :lol:

Reactions: Spydeyrch
S
Spydeyrch
Thanks everyone. He is a good little guy. Eats, sleeps, doesn't complain too much. He really likes to watch people and just stares at stuff.

-Spydey

Last edited:
H
Hawk
Bro, ConGratulations to You, Your beloved Wife, & Your Loving Family.
Well Done.
:lol::lol::lol:
:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance::dance:
:cool::cool:

G
GDBrown
You are a luck man and have your priorities straight. Fish a little then have fun with the kids cause they grow up way too fast. I enjoyed my kids most when they were young like yours are now. I even quit fishing for many years so I could spend more time with them. Never regretted it and now that they are gone and the grandkids are getting old enough I can take them fishing when the come to see grandpa Gene.

S
Sasquatch
I see a spiderman fishing pole in the near future!

S
Spydeyrch
GDBrown said:
You are a luck man and have your priorities straight. Fish a little then have fun with the kids cause they grow up way too fast. I enjoyed my kids most when they were young like yours are now. I even quit fishing for many years so I could spend more time with them. Never regretted it and now that they are gone and the grandkids are getting old enough I can take them fishing when the come to see grandpa Gene.

Thanks GD. If I had to choose between my kids and fishing, I wouldn't even take a moment to think about it. I have had to make that decision in the past and it is a very easy one. I used to do a TON of rock climbing (Sport and Trad, outdoor and indoor) and mountain biking. They were my passions, I worked to do them and I did them to work. I used to instruct rock climbing for a number of years. But then when my first was born 5 years ago, I left it all behind in a heartbeat.

Hahahaha, :lol: I my younger brother (he is a Marine) calls me a wussy now because I don't take the same kinds of risks that I used to when we were younger. But I don't take them now because I have 4 people (Wife and three kids) at home waiting for me, who depend on me for their well-being. I can't let things in my control take them away from me or me away from them. So yes, maybe I have become "soft" but only because my heart grew threes sizes bigger with each kid. :D

But that is why I have fishing now!!! It is something that we can do together and it still gives me the same kind of relaxation and zen that my previous hobbies did.

So yes, family comes first. :dance:

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
Sasquatch said:
I see a spiderman fishing pole in the near future!

Hahahaha, that is funny because I already bought my 5 year old a kid's spider-man fishing pole about a year ago when he was 4. Now he wants a batman and a transformers one. I think he just wants to collect them instead of actually use them. Hahahahaha.

Then his younger sister, now 3, saw that he had one and she wanted one. But she would only go fishing with daddy if she had a barbie fishing pole. So I got her one. Yes, she will go fishing but she doesn't like getting her fishing pole dirty. After all, it is Barbie, right. hehehehe She is very much a girly girl and my wife loves it. :D

-Spydey