Never Caught A Steelhead. HELP!!!!

T
Troutier Bassier
I Need help on catching a steelhead. I've never caught one before and I hope on catching one this summer. Im willing to go to sandy river. Anywhere on the sandy is fine but I dont know where, when and what to use!

:think::think::think::think:

Can someone help?!?!?!?

Please, I will Be This Happy If I Catch One

:yay:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Summers are easy. They hold in the heads of mild riffles. And eat just about anything. We killed a bunch on Coon Shrimp, and drift fishing spinners last Summer. In the Sandy they spread out all the way past the old Marmot. Hit those riffle sections, and any highly oxygenated water will hold a fish or two.

F
fishnquest
Welcome aboard. I can't help you too much, but you've come to the best place on planet www to find the answers.

T
tnffishman
try spots with a lot of people, dodge park is a good place to fish. ask around down there;)

J
Jig'n
Jigs & Spinners are the easiest techniques to start with. There is a lot of info on this site as well as the web. Steelhead University is another good site to check out.

Jig'n

Y
youngbuck307
hey AA you say summers are easy???? well thats good to know but man now i just want winter to come agen!!!! At least there is still a lil time to hook into the late runners right??

A
ArcticAmoeba
Yup. There will be Winters in the System until the end of May I'm sure. Summer fish are just easy to target. They are normally in the same place every time...;)

Y
youngbuck307
my dads always said fishing for summers is like hunting with a gun and winters is like hunting with a bow... kinda can see why now... would be a lil easyer knowing were they are for sure...