Netarts part deux

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
With the weather cooperating it was time to try crabbing at Netarts again. Unfortunately Dana & Pinstriper weren't able to make it today.

We got a late start to the day wanting to be off the water around 1:30, put the pots in about a 1/2 hour before ebb tide. We already had two CA legal size crabs in the cooler when my eldest son was checking a load of under size crab and inadvertently threw the gauge over and kept the crab.:D After a good laugh we went back to the dock in search of another gauge, RV park across the road rents traps and sells bait, the guy gave me a gauge and couple of sodas for the boys. Went to pull the pots for the last time and had a our biggest one yet.

Great day on the water with my boys.

Nolan & Isaac Netarts.jpgNetarts Crab.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, those should be some tasty eats. I had a nephew toss the measuring stick overboard a couple of years ago, luckily I found one buried at the bottom of all my boat emergency stuff...

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
They were delicious. I told my son I could see myself doing the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

EOBOY
EOBOY
rogerdodger said:
excellent, those should be some tasty eats. I had a nephew toss the measuring stick overboard a couple of years ago, luckily I found one buried at the bottom of all my boat emergency stuff...

Use a dollar bill they are just the right length, amazing but true.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I might jump in after the dollar ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

EOBOY
EOBOY
LOL

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY said:
Use a dollar bill they are just the right length, amazing but true.

correct you are, I measure US bills at 6 and 1/8", well over the OR min of 5 3/4" and just over the WA min of 6"...excellent tip...roger

EOBOY
EOBOY
rogerdodger said:
correct you are, I measure US bills at 6 and 1/8", well over the OR min of 5 3/4" and just over the WA min of 6"...excellent tip...roger
Roger with the curve of the shell it shortants to the correct length. Can't remember who taught me that.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY said:
Roger with the curve of the shell it shortants to the correct length. Can't remember who taught me that.

yep, that was my first thought about this great tip, if the bills were right at 5-3/4" it would have made it easy to make an error...