Nestucca River???

B
Bass Blaster
How's the steelhead fishing in the nestucca? Where's it good?

R
R6anton
The water is real low right now so not the best.

B
Brian Dupree
Was up there Saturday. Up on the top, Elk creek and down for about 6 or so miles. Could see Steelies swimming but could not get one to bite. Got two trout though. Up high, any where you see a pull out off the road there is usually a decent hole. I am going up in the morning to give it a go.

M
masmith
where is elk creek?

B
Brian Dupree
Elk Creek is the cut off (no fishing above) it is about 15 miles down from the dam. and about 15 or 20 up the river from hebo. it is beautiful up there. if you ever get the chance fish up high. you won't be sorry.

S
Steelheader4Life
Elk Creek is about 5 miles above Alder Glen campground. You'll know your there when you cross a bridge and the road turns from pavement to gravel. Elk Creek is the deadline for the river.

B
Bass Blaster
How the fishing on the nestucca for steelhead???

How the fishing on the nestucca for steelhead???

How the steelhead fishing!!!

J
JeeperGal
Well

Well

I fished there yesterday and didn't find anything bigger than baby cutthroat. TONS of them.

S
Steelheader4Life
My borther and I went up high on Tuesday and had a great evening. We both came away with a fish (mine being 29" and his 25"). I also hooked into another that broke my 6 lb lead about 3-4 min into the fight. There's plenty of fish for those willing to find them.

M
masmith
I ran spinners down at the bridge, and then heading down a few more spots over about 5 miles down the road from the bridge. I saw nothing, no bites, walked past the bridge, saw no fish going upstream. My assumption is that the summer run is completely over.

S
Steelheader4Life
Which bridge? Most of the fish are up high. I do agree that the run was weak this summer. But i've been catching summers since June there (up high), but eveyone has there own opinion :D

M
masmith
Steelheader4Life said:
Which bridge? Most of the fish are up high. I do agree that the run was weak this summer. But i've been catching summers since June there (up high), but eveyone has there own opinion :D

Elk Creek, at the cutoff.

S
Steelheader4Life
Did you try floating some jigs? I've only had success on small jigs and small yarn balls with scent. If you want to see fish go to any hole deeper than 4 ft and there will be fish.

B
Bass Blaster
RE.

RE.

Steelheader4Life said:
My borther and I went up high on Tuesday and had a great evening. We both came away with a fish (mine being 29" and his 25"). I also hooked into another that broke my 6 lb lead about 3-4 min into the fight. There's plenty of fish for those willing to find them.

Where and wat were u using?:D

S
Steelheader4Life
We were using small pink & white yarn balls soaked in egg juice for scent. The 2 I hooked were below Rocky Bend Camp ground (about a mile or so). My borthers was at the hole right above Alder Glen Campground. All were hooked at the head of each hole in the white water. Seems that when the water gets cooled (by rain or a cloudy day) the fish become more active and are waiting in the white water.