nestucca river

D
dirtyd fishin
i went fishing at the boat ramp in hebo and seen one springer caught 22lbs it was caught on bobber and eggs ppl drifting did oka still not very many fish in the rivers but thier is some:clap:and at the mouth thier were four caught all on boats

Last edited:
A
alseaalumaweld
anyone else been?

E
eggs
Going this weekend if I have luck I will post up!

Reactions: OnTheFly
brandon4455
brandon4455
good luck out there

R
RunWithSasquatch
Was there last Sunday. Will be there again friday, if things go as planned.

A
alseaalumaweld
mite go sunday. think im going fishing but idk where yet

A
alseaalumaweld
anyone been? anyone going tomarow i think i might

R
RunWithSasquatch
My understanding its been good, last weeks freshet of rain got a good bite afterwards, I would expect the same tomorrow.

A
alseaalumaweld
all i hear is slow slow slow

S
SantiamDrifter
alseaalumaweld said:
all i hear is slow slow slow

Are these reports from the last few days? I'm thinking they are, and would say it has to do with the last moon phase we just had.

A
alseaalumaweld
full moon was the 15th im hearing mixed reports

S
SantiamDrifter
Well coastal springers arent like shooting fish in a barrel. You do need to know what your doing to have sucess. People who know how to catch them were doing pretty good early last week. But like I said the last moon phase probably slowed it down a little. I expect fishing to turn back up soon.

G
GDBrown
I always thought the moon phase thing only applied to lake fish! I didn't think it affected migratory river fish since they aren't in one place long enough to learn what it does. But SantiamDrifter is very correct when talking about knowing what your doing. There are not that many fish there and if you don't do it right the first time you are not likely to get a second chance at the same fish.

E
eggs
Gene.. moon phases effect the tides, which is all fish know..

G
GDBrown
Oh, Then why don't they say tidal phase! :lol:

How do the fish in the lake know about the tides? Oh, right from the Moon! I kneed to get my head examined, what was I thinking.....

Gene

E
eggs
I think the full moon on lakes is due to long lasting hatches into the night and fishing being able to see flies at night causing them to feed through the night, making fishing rough during the days...

Sorry for the hijack!

G
GDBrown
So do the fish know what moon phase it is in Oregon with all the clouds?

E
eggs
Yes but only after a heavy dose of lsd!

G
GDBrown
I feel the Need, the Need to go fish!!!! When is the next trip. I'll take my boat to the Nestucca if you'll show me how to catch one of those!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Your boat would do awesome over there right now with the water getting low .02$

Its a good river to fish fallowing the tide, the take out at Cloverdale is barely above tidewater.

Reactions: eggs