Nestucca River system

K
koboabe
Hello all.
I just started to fish a month or two back and have not had any luck on the Sandy or Clackamas rivers, but this weekend I am heading to Pacific City and tought about trying my luck in the mighty Nestucca.
does any one have suggestions on good holes to hit up out on the Nestucca?

I am going to be bank fishing mostly, Drift/Float

K
Kodiak
I would chuck chartruese green spinners, or green blue tip at the bridge at P.C., can also float eggs there. I know guys can also do well on the point at the old boat ramp just below there...you might try jigging herring if you know how to rig them..been a big herring year this year. The boat ramp at hebo has a deep slot on the far side by the old snag in the water. Fish your eggs 6'-8' deep here. Just above where three rivers dumps in on the other side is 4ft wide slot right in the middle. Fish seem to stack in there and then drift back and run up three rivers at night. You can pay the farmer $5.00 for access to the river. I like spinners in that hole in a #5 mini in green, pink, red. You can also drift eggs there. Up three rivers from the store about 1/2 mile the road makes a hard turn and is right next to the river. There is a pretty good slot there, but you will be fighting your fish from the road, most of the time people will stop and let you land your fish. Then there is slot at the hatchery... standard combat procedures apply, but you can sight fish some really nice fish out of that slot.

B
Bfishin
Kodiak said:
I would chuck chartruese green spinners, or green blue tip at the bridge at P.C., can also float eggs there. I know guys can also do well on the point at the old boat ramp just below there...you might try jigging herring if you know how to rig them..been a big herring year this year. The boat ramp at hebo has a deep slot on the far side by the old snag in the water. Fish your eggs 6'-8' deep here. Just above where three rivers dumps in on the other side is 4ft wide slot right in the middle. Fish seem to stack in there and then drift back and run up three rivers at night. You can pay the farmer $5.00 for access to the river. I like spinners in that hole in a #5 mini in green, pink, red. You can also drift eggs there. Up three rivers from the store about 1/2 mile the road makes a hard turn and is right next to the river. There is a pretty good slot there, but you will be fighting your fish from the road, most of the time people will stop and let you land your fish. Then there is slot at the hatchery... standard combat procedures apply, but you can sight fish some really nice fish out of that slot.
What is that hatchery on Three Rivers called? It's in Hebo right? I just can't remember exactly how to get there. A friend took me to a popular hole(heart attack) up there years ago. I was thinking about heading up there and checking it out, but it's a long haul from Springfield. The fish are just so much cleaner up there. Thanks for any info

K
koboabe
Minus tide caused all sorts of tidal issues...
I saw some fishing rolling, but they werent biting at anything we presented them with.

K
Kodiak
koboabe said:
Minus tide caused all sorts of tidal issues...
I saw some fishing rolling, but they werent biting at anything we presented them with.

Try to get your hangernades or dynamite a little upstream of where they are rolling they tend to drift back a little before they explode! :lol: Look for the fish whos backs just come out of the water, throw way ahead and to the far side of that fish and move your offering up in the water column. If your fishing at 8' move it to 6/12 or so. These fish are active and displaying feeding behavior, and will be looking up for groceries. If a whole lot of the fish are whole body jumping uot of the water pack your gear and find another slot. No one is sure why they do this, I hopwever believe it plays a role in attracting a mate.