Nestucca report

brandon4455
brandon4455
went to the river with bigsteel,autofisher and raincatcher today,had a lot of fun talking and joking around with them all, the river was in great shape bt started to turn color a bit i got skunked bigsteel hooked a few and let me fight one(my first fish fight on a flyrod and it was awesome!!!)autofisher was fishless and raincatcher had the charm today and landed 2 really nice cutthroat. all in all it was a great trip . glad i got to get the hang of float fishing and test some gear out along with meeting some friends thanks again for taking me you guys can't wait to go again ;)

brandon

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
Sounds like you guys had a great time!!

-Spydey

H
halibuthitman
sounds like a great group of people, on some great water... bet autofisher tuned ya up with some sweet yarn too!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yep, had a great time today out there with all you younguns! :lol: Just wish I didn't get so discombobulated when I look down at the water as I'm wading. :redface: I always feel like such a whiner, but at least I kept my breakfast down. Seriously, we all had a blast and will definitely do it again. Brandon, you are a super fine dude and are on your way to being a premier fisher folk. :clap::clap: Just hope we didn't corupt you too much. :whistle: :lol:

B
BobbiDollPDX
Well I'm totally jealous cuz I really want to meet Barb. Oh and weekday fishing sounds good too.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
BobbiDollPDX said:
Well I'm totally jealous cuz I really want to meet Barb. Oh and weekday fishing sounds good too.

I'd love to meet up with you, too. I'm staying in Salem with Autofisher part of the week and up in Portland part of the week. Sounds like fun to me, even in the rain...lol

brandon4455
brandon4455
Raincatcher said:
Yep, had a great time today out there with all you younguns! :lol: Just wish I didn't get so discombobulated when I look down at the water as I'm wading. :redface: I always feel like such a whiner, but at least I kept my breakfast down. Seriously, we all had a blast and will definitely do it again. Brandon, you are a super fine dude and are on your way to being a premier fisher folk. :clap::clap: Just hope we didn't corupt you too much. :whistle: :lol:

na ya didn't corrupt me.. i had a blast . hopefully ill have my fly rod by next time and my flies dave said he would hook me(pun intended) up with some :D i'd have to say my favorte part was all the laughs and stories, you guys really cracked me up:lol::lol: :D

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
sounds like a great group of people, on some great water... bet autofisher tuned ya up with some sweet yarn too!

that yarn is awesome easy to shape as i saw this morning. my yarn ball got squashed and i just poofed it back to normal. :p

brandon

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
BobbiDollPDX said:

yeah, i got to take school off for it LOL

D
Daffy
Brandon, how did the water look? I'm from Eugene but I have a friend that has a cabin up there and I've fished that river quite a bit from the bank over the last year. Love it. This is my first post here by the way, I got tired of lurking. =)

brandon4455
brandon4455
first off welcome to the forum glad you joined and second,the water was looking good,but it started getting a little darker by the time we left. and it started pouring before we left. not possitive but i imagine the water is really high now.

take care,

brandon

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
very good to meet you bro,,that was a great time on the water,,you will definitely be a fine angler young man,,and when you get your fly rod,we will put it to use..funny thing id s barb didn't mention we had fished the same spot for an hour or more and she walke on over and slams 2 fish right off the bat..

brandon4455
brandon4455
bigsteel said:
very good to meet you bro,,that was a great time on the water,,you will definitely be a fine angler young man,,and when you get your fly rod,we will put it to use..funny thing id s barb didn't mention we had fished the same spot for an hour or more and she walke on over and slams 2 fish right off the bat..

oh yeah, LOL idk how she did it but it was awesome it sucks that one snapped you off and the one spit the hook on me. i saw anatoliy do good at siletz on one of his videos with that same spinner barb used.. good color i guess. it was awesome meetin you too,and im excited for the fly rod can't wait to hang out again ;)

M
markasd
Im jealous.. missed summer steelhead, missed the fall chinooks (stellar season for my fishin buddy I heard), and now am missing winter steelhead, on flies at that!

Sounds like you all had a blast.. thanks for the report, I dig the Nestucca.

brandon4455
brandon4455
**** i'm already having withdrawls ROFL

L
lilsalmon
Dave told me you all had a good time and I had a good cry...JK....cuz I want to be on the water sooo bad. Glad Bigsteel finally got out and fished. Good job you guys and gal.....

BTW...welcome to the forum Daffy

R
rippin fish lips
sounds like a fun time on the water! i need to get out and do some fishing! ahhhhhhhh! its killing meeeee!

A
autofisher
Brandon - It was great to get out on the water and have some fun.... I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

Brad - I was in such a fluster because I got called in to work that I forgot to give him the yarn I had set aside for him.

Rose - I got a wheelchair that we can use to get you out on the water..... it'll be fun and I swear I'll even let you drive the chair.

Dave - Thanks for goin with us man. It's always a blast to hit the water with you....... I'm just sorry that you're going to get destroyed at FF this week.

Mom - Thanks for coming with all of us. Two things...... "Since 3:10 this morning!" and you wreak.

There's only a couple more weeks left for this year's fishing.........I'm gonna try to get back out on the water a couple more times before the end of it........... anyone want to come with?

brandon4455
brandon4455
this guy will pitch gas and surely come with and share another laugh with you! and have barb come with,i want to see her skunk your a$$ again LOL!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
oh yeah...she skunked us all XD