Neskowin area fishing?

R

reigndawgs

Hi fellow anglers. Any advice for fisherman from Washington spending a few days in Neskowin this upcoming weekend. I don't have a boat and have the wife and kids with me so I need some fairly accessible and close suggestions, if there is such a thing. I am open to fishing for anything, including going crabbing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:D

troutdude

troutdude

Welcome to OFF.

I'm not greatly versed with that area. But, I do know that the Nestucca River is not too terribly far away. You could Mapquest the trip from Neskowin to the town of Hebo; to get a better idea. You'll find Springers and Summers in there.

There is also Devil's Lake in Lincoln City. Much closer and has trout. I've heard that anything Green works well.

Good luck.

R

reigndawgs

How about any clamming or crabbing opportunities or trying some surf casting? Any help?

troutdude

troutdude

I've done a little research for you. You will be staying just south of Nestucca Bay. A book that I have says that, "Crab can be taken in the lower deep areas of the Bay". And, "surf fishing for Perch is good anytime off the Beach at Bob Straub State Park." "For perch, time your fishing to the tide. Off the beaches, fish the last ebb of the tide and few hours of the flood tide." "Inside the bay, fish the high water."

Also..."The best softshell clamming in the bay is on the Little Nestucca (river) flats just off Brooten Road, about 2 miles south of Pacific City. Almost any minus tide exposes the beds, and since can't get out to fish the bay anyway, dig in."

So, there you go...all 3 things in that one tidal estuary; and not far at all from where you will be. And here is a link, that may also be helpful.

Hope you have a great time visiting Oregon!

Oregon Tide Tables - 2010 Oregon Coast Tide Table Information Oregon Coast

*NOTE: Above quotations are from:

Fishing in Oregon, by Dan Casali & Madelynne Diness, 7th Ed., Flying Pencil Pulications, Portland, Oregon

Last edited:
R

reigndawgs

I've done a little research for you. You will be staying just south of Nestucca Bay. A book that I have says that, "Crab can be taken in the lower deep areas of the Bay". And, "surf fishing for Perch is good anytime off the Beach at Bob Straub State Park." "For perch, time your fishing to the tide. Off the beaches, fish the last ebb of the tide and few hours of the flood tide." "Inside the bay, fish the high water."

Also..."The best softshell clamming in the bay is on the Little Nestucca (river) flats just off Brooten Road, about 2 miles south of Pacific City. Almost any minus tide exposes the beds, and since can't get out to fish the bay anyway, dig in."

So, there you go...all 3 things in that one tidal estuary; and not far at all from where you will be. And here is a link, that may also be helpful.

Hope you have a great time visiting Oregon!

Oregon Tide Tables - 2010 Oregon Coast Tide Table Information Oregon Coast

*NOTE: Above quotations are from:

Fishing in Oregon, by Dan Casali & Madelynne Diness, 7th Ed., Flying Pencil Pulications, Portland, Oregon

Now that is some great Oregon hospitality! Thank you so much! :clap: If you ever get up to fish in Washington, check out Washington Fishing Reports and Lake Information I am on that site with the same handle.

troutdude

troutdude

I'm glad that I've been helpful.

And I'm glad to have met my namesake from Washington. I wonder how many other troutdude's there are on other sites?

Have a safe and relaxing trip.

R

reigndawgs

I actually meant my handle is the same "reigndawgs" on that site. I don't think we have a "troutdude." Perhaps there is only one man worthy of that handle. The brotherhood of fishermen always helps restore my faith in humanity.

troutdude

troutdude

I actually meant my handle is the same "reigndawgs" on that site. I don't think we have a "troutdude." Perhaps there is only one man worthy of that handle. The brotherhood of fishermen always helps restore my faith in humanity.

Dang it. There I go being confused again, or as some may say (like my sisters)...ALWAYS CONFUSED! LOL

I'm not too sure, that I am worthy of those accolades. But thank you, just the same. Glad to be a part of the brotherhood (and to be "pc"...sisterhood) of fishin' peeps.