Neoprene chest waders

brandon4455
brandon4455
so for xmas i get to pick a pair of chest waders. does anyone know where i can get a pair of neoprenes for under 50$ i'm kinda on a budget ebay has some for around 60 bucks but thats stretching it a little.

-brandon

M
metalfisher76
Brand new at Bi mart for 60, 50 on sale some times.

F
FishFiddle
I bought a pair of those at Bimart for my son and he has used them for a year now and they seem to be holding up just fine. I had to get him a different set of boots cause the Bimart ones are not very comfortable if you spend all day in them. Watch craigslist or ebay for some good korkers, chotas, or a good name brand. Especially watch the boot size as some are sized to fit over the wader stocking and some you have to get a size larger than your street shoes. Good Luck!

H
halibuthitman
cabellas 3mm chest waders..$49.99 also have frogg tog neos for $59.99 on sale right now

K
kayakkid
Cabelas. they are great for the price and have an execellent warrenty

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
cabellas 3mm chest waders..$49.99 also have frogg tog neos for $59.99 on sale right now

bingo! thanks brad

-brandon

troutdude
troutdude
So, will you be wearing your new waders before Christmas? That would be cool. EARLY gifts are always SWEET.

T
Thuggin4Life
I got my remmingtons at bimart on black friday for really cheap. good waders but wouldn't want to were them in the summer on a long hike to the river. i would wait until black friday to get your waders since everywhere will have the big sales.

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
So, will you be wearing your new waders before Christmas? That would be cool. EARLY gifts are always SWEET.

ha yeah i hope so. ive never had my own pair of waders :x ive always just got in the water cold or not.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Thuggin4Life said:
I got my remmingtons at bimart on black friday for really cheap. good waders but wouldn't want to were them in the summer on a long hike to the river. i would wait until black friday to get your waders since everywhere will have the big sales.

thanks for the tip bro i'm really short on money this year. i might not even have the money for a decent steelhead rod i might end up getting a 7ft medium action rod for steelies LOL it would be a fun fight but idk if it would hold a fish. i can't really use my salmon rod because it's too heavy to handle lighter hardware

H
halibuthitman
brandon4455 said:
ha yeah i hope so. ive never had my own pair of waders :x ive always just got in the water cold or not.
Builds character.. but if you have enough of that already waders are kinda nice! Just wanted to mention, what yer doin to that fish in your avatar is only legal in 3 states..... and this aint one of them!!! HA..:rolleyes::lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
7 ft is fine if thats all you can afford. i used a 7 foot medium ugly for 2 years to plunk for steel w/4 oz weights and was way under rodded and it worked. was an ok drift rod and even landed a 20lb nook on it but now i use a 7 foot ugly medium heavy for winter steel and even though its short its a tank of a rod for 10lb+ fesh chrome sealiced winters. I am the king of undersized rod fishing. decided to use my trout trolling rods for coho this year so i dont have to buy new line for my coho rod. its a 6 1/2 heavy rod with a lot of ackbone but has 40 on it for nooks and needs to be spooled with 15. so i am running 12lb test on a 7 foot medium that is sensitive enough to tell a 8 inch trout bite while trolling for cohos so dont undersell a smaller rod. i think my remmys were 40 at the most when my fiancee got them 2 black fridays ago but i still havend got boots i just ripped the liner out of an old par of sneekers and try not to fall in the river. may just glue carpet on them and save the money of wading boots. whatever you do dont buy waders with boots on them. what happend when the boots wear out? in the winter the bimart remmys are warm but in the summer i wont put tehm on until i am at the bank.

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
Builds character.. but if you have enough of that already waders are kinda nice! Just wanted to mention, what yer doin to that fish in your avatar is only legal in 3 states..... and this aint one of them!!! HA..:rolleyes::lol:

hahahaha. i'm a multiple offender. i stuck my lips on a 30lb hen a few years back!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Thuggin4Life said:
7 ft is fine if thats all you can afford. i used a 7 foot medium ugly for 2 years to plunk for steel w/4 oz weights and was way under rodded and it worked. was an ok drift rod and even landed a 20lb nook on it but now i use a 7 foot ugly medium heavy for winter steel and even though its short its a tank of a rod for 10lb+ fesh chrome sealiced winters. I am the king of undersized rod fishing. decided to use my trout trolling rods for coho this year so i dont have to buy new line for my coho rod. its a 6 1/2 heavy rod with a lot of ackbone but has 40 on it for nooks and needs to be spooled with 15. so i am running 12lb test on a 7 foot medium that is sensitive enough to tell a 8 inch trout bite while trolling for cohos so dont undersell a smaller rod. i think my remmys were 40 at the most when my fiancee got them 2 black fridays ago but i still havend got boots i just ripped the liner out of an old par of sneekers and try not to fall in the river. may just glue carpet on them and save the money of wading boots. whatever you do dont buy waders with boots on them. what happend when the boots wear out? in the winter the bimart remmys are warm but in the summer i wont put tehm on until i am at the bank.

thank goodness because i found a cheap rod thats 7ft medium for about 15 bucks at wal-mart .brand dosent matter to me really i just need a rod that can hold a fish.

-brandon

T
Thuggin4Life
brandon4455 said:
thank goodness because i found a cheap rod thats 7ft medium for about 15 bucks at wal-mart .brand dosent matter to me really i just need a rod that can hold a fish. -brandon

best to stick the butt on the floor and up against your foot. grab the tip and bend/pull on it like a fish would apply estamatable pressure to the game that you are pursuing. if it feels ok than chances are its ok. also dont be afraid to use slightly heavier line than the rod is recomended for. even the reel. just make sure the reel is big enough to hold enough of your overated line to be addaquate.

H
halibuthitman
Brandon, you simply cannot break a rod with a trout or salmonoid if you are fishing properly rigged gear with proper line ratings outlines being used.. it will never happen to you, ever, I have sport fished over 2000 days.. Thats around 18,000 hrs, and never seen a rod simply fail due to a fish. I have broke 3 rods in the last 12 months, 1 due to a tailgate of a pickup rubbing a ding in it, 1 to a nail knot between a flyline and the backing hanging up on the second guide from the tip while a large steel took a run.. and one trying to force a chum while using too heavy of line with my drag too tight. All rods died due to user error.. too heavy of line, too tight of drag, execive hook sets, jerking on hang-ups... any rod will die from these poor fishing moves. Your $15 dollar rod will last 15 yrs if you use your drag propperly, don't overgun your line, and watch those unsnagging moves... spend all your cash on a decent reel.

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
Brandon, you simply cannot break a rod with a trout or salmonoid if you are fishing properly rigged gear with proper line ratings outlines being used.. it will never happen to you, ever, I have sport fished over 2000 days.. Thats around 18,000 hrs, and never seen a rod simply fail due to a fish. I have broke 3 rods in the last 12 months, 1 due to a tailgate of a pickup rubbing a ding in it, 1 to a nail knot between a flyline and the backing hanging up on the second guide from the tip while a large steel took a run.. and one trying to force a chum while using too heavy of line with my drag too tight. All rods died due to user error.. too heavy of line, too tight of drag, execive hook sets, jerking on hang-ups... any rod will die from these poor fishing moves. Your $15 dollar rod will last 15 yrs if you use your drag propperly, don't overgun your line, and watch those unsnagging moves... spend all your cash on a decent reel.

that is an interesting fact brad and now come to think of it all rods i have seen snap are because the line rating is under what the person was using or other poor choices which means rods usually break because of human error,which is somthing we can't control. i have a shimano reel that can hold 150yards of 12lb line.. it's rear drag though lol. my main focus is line and tackle . i have some stuff for winter steelies but not enough for 5 trips. which is usually a minimun for me. and sorry about your rods that sounds like cash down the drain ;/

-brandon

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Thuggin4Life said:
best to stick the butt on the floor and up against your foot. grab the tip and bend/pull on it like a fish would apply estamatable pressure to the game that you are pursuing. if it feels ok than chances are its ok. also dont be afraid to use slightly heavier line than the rod is recomended for. even the reel. just make sure the reel is big enough to hold enough of your overated line to be addaquate.

imma try that in wal mart ahaha i bet they will tell me to stop. thanks for the tip that will sure cut the time in half when i'm choosing a rod. ;)

brandon

T
Thuggin4Life
I have never been told to stop and i do it all the time. sometimes you will here a few cracks but its the rod being bent good for the first time. not bending a rod is like not driving a car before buying it.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
hahahaha. i'm a multiple offender. i stuck my lips on a 30lb hen a few years back!

Hey now...this is a FAMILY forum!

ROTFL