Rivers Nehalem River Fishing Reports

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Picked up a jack above the bridge. We also missed one on a hard take down, belly bite in the herring just missed the tow hook. Ran into Tanner on the water, also met up with Pinstripper for some trolling and lunch in Wheeler. We saw a beauty of a fish get away, they didn't have enough net for the size of the fish.

Reactions: Echskech and C_Run
C_Run
C_Run
That's encouraging.

P
pinstriper
Bigger than the last one you caught ?

IMG_1607.jpg

Reactions: Echskech
Hooked Up
Hooked Up
? Definitely not as big as that one!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Jack on Nehalem.jpg

Realized I hadn't posted a picture of the little guy.

Reactions: my2labs
P
pinstriper
How are you holding that ? Photoshop.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
pinstriper said:
How are you holding that ? Photoshop.

You noticed that! Dang it.

hobster
hobster
Nice Hans!

O
OnTheDrop
Just seeing this! Darn, they just didn’t want to bite that day...

Glad you sneaked that one in the boat ?

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
OnTheDrop said:
Just seeing this! Darn, they just didn’t want to bite that day...

Glad you sneaked that one in the boat ?

Wasn't a whole lot action that day.

Echskech
Echskech
Hey Gang,

I had the privilege of fishing with some family and OFF friends this weekend on the Nehalem R.
Though the river was busy with campers and short on water, there was still some trout to be had.

Fishing near Cook creek in the upper section, We were able to find a deep slot with lots of action but spooky fish. There was a heavy trico spinner fall happening with tiny bugs caught in the film. Trout of decent size were rising all over but none bit on the size 18 parachute fly. I ran through my fly box, but sadly nothing sparked any interest. I'm confident that a trico could have done the job and I intend to tie a few up for next time.

Fishing was spotty and some were caught but the company couldn't be beat

See you on the water

Ech

troutdude
troutdude
At this time of year Sea Run Cutties can be found; and the Borden Special is truly legendary. Try tying up some of these and you might hook into some of the big boys. These were invented decades ago by fellow Oregonian Bob Borden.

1598916434016.png

Reactions: Echskech
Echskech
Echskech
My size 8 streamers werent getting any looks so I was concerned that a Borden Special would send the fish running for cover. Ill give it a go next time. Thanks!

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Echskech said:
My size 8 streamers werent getting any looks so I was concerned that a Borden Special would send the fish running for cover. Ill give it a go next time. Thanks!
If you care to fish with a spin rod, small brown Rooster Tails are killer for SRC's too. Because they mimick Crawdad fry (hint hint). SRC's gorge on baby crawdads.

Last edited:
D
Davpot
troutdude said:
If you care to fish with a spin rod, small brown Rooster Tails are killer for SRC's too. Because they mimick Crawdad fry (hint hint). SRC's gorge on baby crawdads.
I agree with Troutdude! Try using an orange Dee fly. Im certain it mimics a small Crawdad!😁 image.jpg

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
Top Bottom