needlefish

wormosa
i bought some needlefish for hagg, anyone have any idea if these will work good?:pray:

Troutier Bassier
Never worked for me at salish. Kastmasters and Bluefoxes

Mike123
Needlefish are awesome! I catch fish with those things anywhere I go. I like the rainbow trout and black and white pattern!

dude young
I have caught trout and salmon on Needlefish on both sides of the country. The two times I brought my bro-in-law to Hagg, I tied one on his line and he out fished my trolling lies 5 to 1. Not sure about casting them, as the sizes I use are usually fairly small and light weight, and I troll them, but they are awesome when pulled behind a boat. I usually run at about 2.4 mph for spoons, but this past weekend the trout seemed to love them when we were almost stalled.

Troutier Bassier
It seems everyone disagrees with me about everything..

gottafish
Ditto on the rainbow pattern. Has worked for me at Hagg also.

Thuggin4Life
Needle fish are good trolling spoons. Why i don't own any is beyond me. Also hear they work good behind some flashers.

wormosa
cool i bought the rainbow and some pink and a yellow pattern with black dots , i will give them hell, what i found is that what worked last year is not working this year

Mike123
Work good for Kokanee too!

dude young
I usually stock the basic spoons (silver, brass, copper) and customize on the fly with diff. colors of flash tape as needed. I have some Kastmasters in that rainbow pattern, and it seems to work on occasion, but I would think the pink/yellow thingy would be more suited to Kokes. Regardless of what pattern/color you buy, get flash tape in diff. colors. Can make all the difference in the world some days.

That being said, if I am casting spoons from the bank, I would probably not use a Needlefish, and go with the Kastmaster. Needlefish are just too light in my opinion to get any real distance out of. But, if is working for you, then run with it.

Mike123
I remember one day at EE Wilson, no one was catching a thing. I decided to throw a couple split shot on and my trusty needlefish... WHAM.. all day catching. Even some brookies!

wormosa
hey on these needlefish, should i add any worm or pb eggs thing or any bait lol, these are new to me and for the record I HATE THE SIWASH HOOK lol

Mike123
wormosa said:
hey on these needlefish, should i add any worm or pb eggs thing or any bait lol, these are new to me and for the record I HATE THE SIWASH HOOK lol

I've done it.. but seems to ruin the action a bit. I just use Smelly Jelly on them.

trollin4trout
wormosa said:

I never use bait on them- I think it ruins the action. My buddy ALWAYS does though and he catches fish so.......?????

Use a splitshot or two to cast them.

What's wrong with the siwash? They catch fish like crazy.

These are my "go to" trout lure- Chuck can vouch for the fact that I have a "few" in my lure box. Troll them fast and change colors every 5-10 minutes until you find what they like. As someone said above- I have seen them work at agonizingly slow speeds also. You'll see me crusin' 2mph+ most times though.

These things can be hot, hot, hot! My buddy and I once caught 100 trout EACH trolling at Detroit one day- we both used one orange Needlefish all day long!

Jim

Top Bottom