Need to try for a late steelhead this coming week...

M

Modest_Man

My Fiance is in Canada for work Monday-Friday. I'd like to fish most every day. Pretty much anywhere in Oregon. I'm free afternoons Monday and Tuesday, and free all day Wednesday and Thursday. Anyone feel like fishing? It's been over three months since I caught my first steelhead and I'd like to try for one before the run's over.

If anyone wants to do an easy float we can take out my cataraft as well. Should get my rod holders Tuesday...

T

Tom Finn

Hey, I'm game for Thursday. I'll be fishin' Tuesday as well, probably Jefferson or Hebo, but I'm flexible, just give me a hollar.

M

Modest_Man

You fish 3 rivers or the Nestucca? I've only been out that way once. I hear the Nestucca has some easy floats...

R

RunWithSasquatch

Nestucca would be a good shot at a late fish, it has a late broodstock run, and the lower most drifts are pretty easy, its had a hard time with all this rain though.... i think its been brown for the last 10 days, and hasnt shown any signs of getting better...

T

Throbbit _Shane

The winters are just now getting up to the upper rogue, in numbers...

T

Throbbit _Shane

Nice! I want to float the wild and scenic section some day. Hopefully sooner then later :D

R

RunWithSasquatch

Pretty easy to get dropped permits, we make about 3 trips a year... out side of permit season is always nice too.

M

Modest_Man

Looks like I need to learn plunking. Rivers are looking all high and muddy. Ugh. Any suggestions on rivers that aren't quite as nasty? Or spots to try my hand at plunking?

S

SantiamDrifter

First off, Its far from over. Dont worry about that. The rains were gettin now will have most rivers blown out. Some of the smallers stream might come into shape by wednesday, but the bigger ones wont fish till next weekend..... All depending on the rain and temp up high!