Need to do some trailer work.

D
Dweller
I am in the Beaverton and would like to do some work on the trailer, but obviously need the boat off of it. The boat is a 17' Reinell. Any suggestions for a place in the area that I could park the boat for a week or so?

Thanks all.

D
Dweller
Hmm. Let me rephrase the question.

If you had a 17' I/O and wanted to replace some rollers or possibly convert to bunks, but wanted a few days to get the job done, how would you go about it?

J
joesnuffy
HItch the trailer to your truck. Now untie the boat from the trailer. find a 90 degree turn and hit it going about 40 miles per hour......... the boat should be off the trailer :p

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Oh joe

Oh joe

Dweller;
Pay no attention to joesnuffy...:naughty:you have to back up at 40mph and stop really fast! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Seriously,you may want to check around with some of the local marina's up there and see how much they charge to just moor your boat for a few days. You could spend the day on the water when you drop it off and again when you pick it up. It would be well worth it if you happened to catch a few fish each day. Keep us posted on how you do it. Be safe.
Barb

H
Hawk
Brother Dweller, if u have a garage & a winch/pulley u could raise the boat a bit with the cable pulley attached to an overhead beam/ also could use a comealong. Or use some rope & pulley/ies...

I've changed trailer rollers using an auto floor jack. also have used hydraulic bottle jacks/screw jacks. Use wood between the boat & jack/ also wood 2"x 4" under jack to raise it higher. You can raise yer boat then put down some jack stands with wood shims between stand & boat.

Be Careful & think out what yer doing. Be Safe. Take Care. Have someone help you.

J
jlayman0270
I have heard of inching the trailer out from under your boat and placing hay bales under the boat as you go. Sounded easy when explained to me, but mine is a 15 foot tri-hull. Very different boats!
:think:

S
SNDSLGR
I am sure many marinas in the area give daily mooreing rates. Just go launch the boat and bring the trailer home to fix.

F
fishnquest
It can be done with donnage and some jacks (hay sounds real interesting, too), but you need to feel real confident in your abilities to understand the physics involved, or have someone willing to commit who does. Whether you pull the trailer out from underneath or not. Otherwise, Barb's idea sounds excellent. Just add a day for fishing and go home light!

M
mudslinging79
i had a 12 footer on a trailer that needed work. i used blocks of wood under the stern and slowly eased the trailer out from under it, placing blocks under it everu few feet, i suggest something like railroad tie blocks, as the size keeps it further off the ground.