Need some good info on steelhead fishing around OSU

M
Mr.fireguy83
I just moved here about a week ago and I have no clue where to go fishing at also haven't been fishing In about 5 yrs for steelhead so need head up on what to use as well can anyone help?

L
lizardman
Try the Willamette or the Mary's river which is very close to OSU. You can also drive 30 minutes to an hour to the coastal rivers or to the Santiam river (by Lebanon and Sweet Home).

Dave

B
bigsteel
the siletz or the alsea are close to ya

M
Mr.fireguy83
lizardman said:
Try the Willamette or the Mary's river which is very close to OSU. You can also drive 30 minutes to an hour to the coastal rivers or to the Santiam river (by Lebanon and Sweet Home).

Dave

What should I use for bait It's been about 4 or 5 yrs since I have gone fishing for steel head.

S
sherretb
What kind of rod do you have?

A few options:
corky yarn drift rig
Bobber jig/bait(eggs)
spinners (#4 blue fox or similar)

These are the basics.

M
Mr.fireguy83
I have to go buy all new stuff this weekend all my fishing stuff got stolen four years ago so never went out and bought more stuff.My gf really wants to go fishing to so this is going to cost a ton of money I'm sure I would like to stay under 100 to 75 bucks if i could..Do you know any good spots along the Mary's river or Santiam river?? I will be fishing off the sore no boat yet..

S
sherretb
For steelhead, I am unaware if there are any in the mary's.

Drive the 30 mins. to the Alsea for a starting place.

Crowded but some fish around through March. If you spend some time there, you will be able to see what people are catching fish on.