Need ideas on a couple good ultralight spinning reels.

M
Modest_Man
In the less than $60 range. For 2-4lb test. Weight is a big consideration.

Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
R
rippin fish lips
abu garcia makes a pretty nice ultra lite. pretty sure they are all 1 peice tho. I was going to go with the 5'6" one but went to the 6'6" medium ultra light. pretty sensitve can feel a lot. but im pretty dang sure the 5'6" one would feel so goooood! got the 6'6" one for $29.99 at walmart. they got em at bi-mart for the same price. the 6'6" one is rated for (4-10lb test) so im sure the 5'6" would if not be pretty close to meeting ur specifications.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
RFL, he was talking about reels! :lol: although, abu garcia makes great small reels. the very small ultralight cardinal spinning reels work great.

R
rippin fish lips
brandon4455 said:
RFL, he was talking about reels! :lol: although, abu garcia makes great small reels. the very small ultralight cardinal spinning reels work great.

omg thanks for catching that lmfao!! wowww i needa read a lil better :p

troutdude
troutdude
Maybe a Pflueger President?

D
Drew9870
+1 with Troutdudes advice

I love my Field and Stream Ravenna 10, better for 4-6lb though, holds 170yds of 6lb on a tiny reel, love the smooth drag and the increments, my favorite Trout reel or lightweight (oh, I'm gonna say it) Carp fishing reel.

Mitchel Avocet 500UL I love the tiny drag switch, very small increments as well.

Abu Garcia (Company sucks for service) Cardinal 100U

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
Thanks guys. I'm actually making a backpacking spinning rod out of a 7 piece 9' 5wt fly rod...going to be interesting. I think I actually have a cardinal reel but I'm not sure on the size of it. The Pflueger looks nice, I'll have to compare weights with some of the other reels listed.

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
Shimano

Shimano

I am a Shimano angler to be sure, buy as much reel as you can afford. If you can match a pole to the reel even better, Shimano makes very nice poles. IMHO

Chuck