need help with brownlee

N
nork64
im going catfishing at brownlee next week and would like any tips on what to use and any good spots to get into the fish

M
Mad dog
nork64 said:
im going catfishing at brownlee next week and would like any tips on what to use and any good spots to get into the fish

Welcome to the forum nork64! :clap:

Nork....last name by chance....I'm fishin' here! ;)

F
fish4life
I have only fished around the Huntington-Farewell bend area, which is the upper part of the reservoir. If you are fishing from the bank there is a gravel road that runs from huntington to richland. If you stop at the takle store in huntington they will give you a printout with milage to good bank spots. If you have a boat you can put in at farewell bend or spring camp. As far as bait I have always done best on crappie guts and fillets, but you can also use crickets, shrimp, worm, liver, stinkbait I have even heard of people using trout. River this year is about four times the normal flow so if you are taking a boat out be carefull and good luck.

N
nork64
thanks were just fishing from the bank this is my first trip out there and its a long drive so any thing i can learn is great

H
Hawk
I've been reading some folks have been catching crappie & catfish from the bank in Hewitt Park, especially at night (lantern fishing).

(member 'snake river' has been catching lot of crappie in arms of Brownlee & on the Snake River.)

On the bass & panfish forum of ifish you can email Crappie Chaser (who is a much respected guide on Brownlee) he would know where you can probably catch a good amount currently. Or member 'snake river' would know. imho.

Best of Luck to y'all...