Filleting and vacuum packing around Southern Oregon?

N
NiceBass66
:rolleyes:HI! Well, I am off to the Rogue River to do some fishing in mid August this Summer!! :) I would really like to find someone that knows how to fillet trout/steelhead and vacuum pack it! I suck at filleting,lol! I cannot for the life of me find ANY fish market that will do this for me and I really don't want to have to ship it to the coast if I can avoid it! I can whack the head off and clean it, just need someone while I am up there to fillet and vacuum pack it then I will throw it in the cooler with some dry ice and drive on hoem to Crowdifornia,ugh! Can't wait to move up to ORegon! Love Grants Pass/Jacksonville and the Rogue! :) Thanks in advance! Carrie:)

Chromatose
Chromatose
Why not just clean your catch, put it in dry ice cooler for the trip home? Then if cooked right it will fall off the bone all by itself? BTW, I havent a clue who would be the go to person for your needs........I am just throwing out a idea is all. Good Luck!

H
halibuthitman
the only way to get good at fileting is well.. fileting... a lot of youtubes online for education and examples, its really quite easy once you learn the strokes.

T
Trouts66
Best place to steelhead or trout fish on the Rogue?

Best place to steelhead or trout fish on the Rogue?

I am back again! Could someone tell me where some of the best fishing would be in August on the Rogue? I am checking up on some property in Shady Cove that my father owns then off to some fishing! :) I printed out a map of the river. Any suggestions? :cool:

S
sportsmanlio
Filleting a trout is a major waste of meat. Cook the whole trout, or if it is too big, slice along the spine to cut it into two halves. Put on your dry seasonings, slather in olive oil and lemon juice, top with applesauce, and put it in the oven or on the BBQ. You get way more meat that way.