Need advice for Steelhead close to St-Helens, OR

S
stampid
Hi, I will be in town of St-Helens, OR from nov 17 until nov27th. I will be there for work, but I think I can get a day off for fishing.

Can you please suggest where I can go for steelhead fishing not too far (MAX 60 miles) from st-helens,or ?

Thank you

C
c_13_b
I would suggest fishing the rivers/streams west towards the coast. I think ur closest best bet would be in/around Astoria. I live in Knappa (12 miles east of Astoria), where the fish should be thick by Thanksgiving, especially if it keeps raining.

If you would like a fishing partner, I would probably be available to show ya around. Let me know...

stampid said:
Hi, I will be in town of St-Helens, OR from nov 17 until nov27th. I will be there for work, but I think I can get a day off for fishing.

Can you please suggest where I can go for steelhead fishing not too far (MAX 60 miles) from st-helens,or ?

Thank you

L
liquidplumber
stampid said:

Thank you
You might want to try prescott beach before you get to Rainer if you don't have a boat.Watermelon spin and glos not very far off the bank.Watch the locals.It's about 15 miles past ST Helens.Good luck.Also farther out try Gnat creek or big creek .check the regs first.I like to show you where but It's elk time for me .

C
carl hungis
stampid said:

Thank you

The Claskanie, Big creek, Knat creek. Might be a little early though

S
stampid
Hi guys,
my trip got postponed for a month or so !!!! arhhhh
I ll be looking forward to check out ONE of those places as I will be very limited in time.

Thank you all again for providing more details where I can fish.

S
stampid
Hi,
Well, it looks like my trip to Oregon will be from feb10 till 21st.

Can you guys please tell me where could be my best possible chance to catch a steelhead close to St-Helens, OR (catch and release) ?

Thanks a lot

L
liquidplumber
stampid said:
Hi,
Well, it looks like my trip to Oregon will be from feb10 till 21st.

Can you guys please tell me where could be my best possible chance to catch a steelhead close to St-Helens, OR (catch and release) ?

Thanks a lot
Send me a pm with a phone # I live in St Helens and might go to prescott beach this Sun.I here they are starting to catch fish.